Saturday, 4 January 2014

2014: Striving to be better


Happy New Years to all my lovely readers! I hope this year will be a good one and one better than the last!

Getting right down to business, I have to admit I don’t believe in new year’s resolutions. I mean, you make them and stick to them for a week, perhaps two. And then you forget and it’s just not very useful at all! I think it’s best to make resolutions and goals throughout the year and really stick to them. I know that at the New Year you can’t help thinking about things you would like to change about yourself though. It’s a fresh start! So today I wanted to share with you three things I’m going to strive to be this coming year.

 Open-minded

 





I want to be open-minded so I can see things from different points of views. I don’t want to be those who are swift to take offense in a discussion or debate, I want to be open to new ideas and absorb new concepts. I don’t want to be so open-minded that I let people walk by and fill my head with all sorts of nonsense. There’s a balance here that I’m hoping to find.

Determined

 


 
I want to be determined through all that I do. If I am going to take a test, I’m going to prepare for it. If I want to publish something by March, I am going to do it. If I believe in something and I want it so badly, with God and determination it can happen!

Positivity


This is definitely the one I struggle with the most. I’m not entirely sure when it happened or when the change occurred, but I’ve come to realize by other people’s comments that I am more of a pessimist these days than an optimist. I tend to think negatively of myself immediately without think positive and thinking I can get there. And I’m tired of not liking myself or pushing myself down so much because I think I don’t make the cut. The only cut you need to make, or I need to make is the one in your head. And if it’s too high, then lower it today. Because when you make small goals and make them, you feel 100% better than when you make a unrealistic goal and never get there.

I hope from now on my posts sound more happy, open-minded, positive and determined. I am also determined to keep this blog up regularly and make it a bit bigger in followers!

Happy New Year everyone! What do you want to accomplish this year?

Olivia-Savannah x

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your chin up, girl! You are very positive,(most of the time), but you are always determined and open minded. Always. ~Timmyjake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too nice I keep repeating it but one day all the niceness you pour out it'll just come back in ^^ <3 - Deanie (I know you know who I am but whatevs :P)

      Delete