Saturday, 15 February 2014

High end vs. High street: 2014 blogger challenge

Hey you all!

So... yesterday I got hit by a car, and I'm perfectly alright, thank the lord! Let me just tell you it's not fun, and when you cycle be sure to check even when you know you have the right of way. Or when there is rain. And drivers, if you hit someone, do stop, whether they look okay or not!

Anyways, back to the blogger challenge for this week. It's high end fashion for me, vs. high street. Now I didn't even know what those words meant until now even though I'd seen them plenty of times. So here goes:

High end fashion: It basically means the expensive and technically sophisticated. According to this site dictionary.com at least. So big brands that you have to pay a lot of money for, or the latest Iphone? That is high end.

High street: According to wordreference.com it's the type of shops that you would see on your average high street; for example, Topshop, H&M, or Primark. These shops are affordable for the average person, but also keep up with the fashion trends.

I buy high street, because for me it's more affordable. I have yet, if ever, to step into the world of brands when it comes to clothes. (Nails is a totally different story ladies). So! I decided to choose out some outfits from each of the two categories to round up this post.

High end:
 
High street:
 
 

I think high street is more my type of thing, even though high end looks pretty cool sometimes too. It can be over done though. Which is your favourite?

Olivia-Savannah x



22 comments:

  1. i agree, high street fashion looks more "young" at times. but i'd like a high end dress for my graduation day so i shouldnt' really talk!! aahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a high end dress seems like a cool idea! High end seems more formal to me, and high street more casual :)

      Delete
  2. I feel the same :) High-street is so much cuter compared to High-end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think because it's more commonly affordable and everyone wears it!

      Delete
  3. I'm too cheap for high-end! And if you can find trendy clothes at an affordable price than that is a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely choose high street over high end. You can get more for your money and make it look just as good as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks very good! And fits in more because it's usually the style more people opt for :D

      Delete
  5. I much prefer high street over high end - high street is much more wearable in my opinion!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  6. The difference in the price is extortionate. Mad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'd rather find the middle ground, good quality for a reasonable price.

      Delete
  7. I agree, I much prefer high street stuff :) Though, I must say, I'm often even cheaper than to go for high street stuff, my favourite places to look for clothes are good ol' charity shops ;)

    Becca ~ rjtmisti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following as well rjtmisti! I will check out your blog. And that is very nice, that you go to charity shops. I should try and do this too sometime. I've never been!

      Delete
  8. I heart Kate Middleton, so I already like this post :-) I prefer classic styles, which you can buy either designer or high street. I choose high street because I can't afford the high end versions, even though I may like them.

    Thanks for stopping by Back Home Again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! :D Yeah, although high end is pretty expensive, looking through it makes me really want some lovely clothes. I look for dupes, but there are usually none for the ones I want :(

      Kate Middleton is awesome ;)

      Delete
  9. i prefer high street :) its more every day affordable look :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. High street is better to keep up with the latest fashion as you won't regret it when it's out of fashion the following year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It's sad when you invest a lot of money in something, and the next day something cooler has already been released.

      Delete