Sunday, 2 March 2014

NOTD - City of Bones

Hello Lovelies!

So are you wondering why I haven’t posted on Saturday? And I why I probably won’t manage to post on Tuesday either? It’s because I’m away on holiday to Warrick, in England! So basically, I’m only managing to post this with temporary internet connection, and because I didn’t want to miss out on a blogger challenge! This week’s topic is NOTD – and for all those who don’t know what that means (it took me months in the blogger world to get this myself) it means Nails of the day. Like how OOTD means outfit of the day J

I am fan of City of Bones by Classandra Clare. The whole Mortal Instruments series I absolutely adoreeeeee! I wasn’t so pleased with the casting for the  
 
movie, especially Jace. But the movie? It wasn’t too bad because I laughed and laughed… and well it was hilarious! Not because it was brilliant but oh well – I still like the series! After I watched the movie for the first time I just wanted to reflect it on my nails, so this was the result: (btw, the colour is from Catrice. Affordable and quality brand!)
On my pointy fingers I painted hearts, and on my other fingers I painted “runes: which are symbols the series uses. My pinky fingers had the symbol of a shadowhunter, and the other the parabatai symbol. I’m sure this means more to you if you’ve read the series ;) Either way, my challenge to you is to have fan art on your nails! Whether it’s Percy Jackson, Doctor Who or whatever – find what you like from it and have fun!
What are you a fan of? Have you ever had fan art nails?
Olivia-Savannah x

18 comments:

  1. Not a big fan of Mortal Instruments but really love the nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are precious! Your detail work is so clean! I have to admit that I've not had a chance to read the Mortal Instruments series or catch the movie, but something tells me that it's probably right up my alley. Thanks for the reminder that I need to do some new Kindle shopping this weekend :) Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Nail pens work a lot of magic, with practice. I would suggest you read the books, because they're far better than the movie!

      Delete
  3. Can't say I've heard of Mortal Instruments but I'll check it out! Very cute designs, I love fan art nails! So creative!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I loved reading them. :)

      Delete
  4. Omg these are great! They look really hard to do :') I also love the mortal instruments and Jamie was not the right person to be Jace :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Nice to know I have someone else who likes it too!

      Delete
  5. I didn't know what NOTD or OOTD meant before but I'll keep that in mind. I like how you described the series and then the nails and then how they relate. (I still remember the shadow-hunter!) I have to say, if I didn't know these were runes, I would think these were hyroglyphics. They would look good with a papyrs yellow or gold but if they are runes then the pink also works but it would be interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I can't wait until you are old enough to read these books too. And yes, they do kind of look like hieroglyphics! They work in sorta the same way, but they also grant powers. Maybe I should try hieroglyphics on golden nails soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever idea! Nice rune-work on your part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the casting of the Mortal Instrument was not the best. Especially Jace and Isabelle! They're both supposed to be drop dead gorgeous in the book, but the actors they cast for the movie are good looking but not wow, lol. I thought the girl who play Clary was too pretty, lol. She would have been better for Izzy.

    By the way, I haven't seen the movie. I just can't see the movies of books I loved because I'm afraid to be disappointed.

    Oh and your nails are dope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd have to agree the casting wasn't the best. And if you don't want to be disappointed, then I really suggest you don't try this one! Thank you ;)

      Delete
  9. Very creative. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete