Monday, 30 March 2015

Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon: That's a Wrap!

Hello there everyone!

Welcome to the wrap up post for the Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon 2015! I hope you had fun this week going on the journey with us, and that your reading went well whether or not you were participating! There are some final questions for us and one last challenge. I'm going to start with the questions.

 
1. What was your page reading goal? How many pages did you end up reading?

My reading goal was to read Obsidian, Scarlet and Harry Potter book three. But I got a bit side tracked with some other books, and I only managed to start Harry Potter. But I did read the rest! I aimed for 350 and I ended up reading 883 pages! I'm pretty surprised with that myself.


2. What books did you read?

The books I managed to start and finish were Obsidian, Sacred and Scarlet. I had a few more pages to go for The Winner's Curse so I finished that one off. And then I read a little bit into Harry Potter #3 and Lord of The Flies.

3. What book was your most/least favourite?

My favourite had to be Scarlet by Marissa Meyer! And my least favourite had to be Lord of the Flies. Four chapters in and the story still isn't snagging me yet.

4. What challenge did you find the hardest to do?

Uhm, the alternate ending one! You can see I cheated on it below.

5. What challenge was the most fun to do?

For me that would have had to been the moral questions. I love answering things like that and I feel like I learn more about myself as well. And since the moral questions were based on books I feel like it helps people realize that there are some pretty difficult things faced in young adult books as well.

 6. Did you make any new blogging friends?

Definitely! If someone linked up in time for me to see it, then I would've commented! I met wonderful people like Vlora @ Reviews and Cake, Chantelle @ Oh, The Stories You'll Know and plenty more!

7. What was your biggest reading distraction? How did you get over it?

School. If school didn't exist than maybe I could've read even more. But alas, no way to escape that one.

 8. What was your reading schedule? Were you a morning or evening reader? Week or weekend?

Definitely weekend. I read the entirety of Scarlet in the two days off. And in the week, I was all for staying up at nights (as I had predicted, snuggled in my bed and reading.)

9. Are you and Bartimaeus still friends? Do you still want to keep hanging out after the read-a-thon is over or will you lock them away somewhere to maybe contact them again when the next read-a-thon comes around (if ever)?

No, we are very much not friends anymore. See below for more details after this interview-ish part.

 10. Would you do this again?

Taking this from the point of view of people running it, I think I would! I would post about it earlier on so more people would have time to choose whether or not they wanted to join us. But I would love to do something similar again!

Now for the challenge!

... Seeing as I have been such a diligent challenge-r and kept up with all my challenges. I have let myself off the hook with this one. I couldn't think of an ending or scene I wanted to rewrite. So instead, I am going to explain why me and Bartimaeus are no longer friends. It all started when I finished Scarlet...

Olivia: That book was amazing! Captain Thorne... Scarlet... Cinder... Wolf... I AM NOT OKAY *fangasms*
Bartimaeus: Alright girly, calm down there. It's just a couple pages of paper. I don't see what the fuss is all about.
Olivia: Of course you wouldn't understand.
Bartimaeus: How could I? You wouldn't let me read over your shoulder, even if I don't want to read that pathetic looking book anyway. And then as well as that, I'm tied to you! Sitting around as you turn page by page is boring.
Olivia: I didn't ask for you to be chained to me, demon.
Bartimaeus: We've gone through this whole demon thing time and time again. I don't call you human, do I? And yes, you did choose me. I think that book is causing you to suffer memory loss.
Olivia: You call me girly. That is bad enough.
Bartimaeus: Cool it, girly. Don't get your books in a twist.
Olivia: Is that even possible?
Bartimaeus: Watch and see *grabs my prized Scarlet paperback and twists it into an unrecognizable shape.*
Olivia: OH NO. YOU did NOT just ruin my copy of Scarlet. Please tell me you did not. Just. Do. That.

... for the safety of readers I shall have to cut the conversation short here. But you can understand that a lot of me handling a frying pan like Rapunzel and waking him around the head ensured after this.

Once again, thanks for joining along the read-a-thon with us!


Olivia's Question: What did you read this week?

Olivia-Savannah x

25 comments:

  1. Yay, the challenge has ended xD I stay up nights to read as well lol well that's mainly because I have evening classes :) I enjoyed reading your answers!

    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I would cope with evening classes. In the evenings I usually nap and then I am up all night xD

      Delete
  2. Haha, great fight! I would be pissed too if someone ruined my copy! I had so much fun reading your challenges and organising this event with you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone ruining my copies deserves jail for life, ahaha xD It was my pleasure <3

      Delete
  3. You did great during the read-a-thon and even more taking into account you had to deal with school. If someone ruins my books, well, you can bet I would stop talking to them. I can't deal with people ruining books, I just can't.... and some people aren't even sorry about it, like what?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelia <3 I know, I hate it when someone does that. In fact, my Gone series are so ruined I am buying them all again xD

      Delete
  4. Hi Olivia - I enjoyed your posts helping everyone keep on track. I've spent more time on one book than I should have. It's not that it's a bad book, I've just had a bad week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope now my blog schedule can go back to normal! I certainly admire you more for being able to post almost daily.

      Delete
  5. Ah, Scarlet: such a wonderful book! Lord of the Flies is an unusual book; I didn't love it, it was just ok, for me.
    Aw, thanks Olivia! It has been great meeting you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that will be my verdict by the end of reading it as well. And Scarlet was great - can't wait to post my reviews. Looking forward to Cress tonight :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you did a pretty good job! I love JLA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! And yes, Obsidian was good :D

      Delete
  7. You did a lot of reading. Glad to hear that you enjoyed Scarlet so much. I read Lord of the Flies when I was in high school for one of my English classes. We did have some interesting conversations about it. Awesome job- I can totally understand how school can get in the way. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am also reading it for class at the moment! And although it isn't the most exciting book it really is a clever one as far as I can see so far. Lots of symbolism and meaning behind it.

      Delete
  8. Bwhahaha, I think I can envision that frying pan scene!!! That dialogue was brilliant :D Yay for Scarlet, I seriously wonder why I waited that long to read this bundle of awesomeness, but I'm also glad we could talk about it on Twitter. This read-a-thon was a great way to spend the past week; thank you so much for hosting it! It's been wonderful getting to know you (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have had these books for a while and can't believe I never picked them up until now! Hoping these twitter convos will continue <3

      Delete
  9. It was lovely meeting you! Thanks for thinking of the read-a-thon idea, it was a lot of fun. :) Congrats on your reading goal; that's a lot of pages. If I had had more time, I would have loved to just curl up with a stack of books all week, but I still managed to finish one, so I'm feeling good about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed participating! One book is better than none, I'd say!

      Delete
  10. Ohh, this sounds like it was fun! I'm sorry I missed it. School is the biggest distraction when it comes to reading books XD If only there was a school that said read a book a week or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, if there was a school like that I would sign up right away.

      Delete
  11. For me office is my biggest reading distraction! It's a fun blog post! :-)

    ReplyDelete