Saturday, 11 April 2015

Book Haul #4 - Mama's books & Reckless Requesting

Hello readers!

As usual at this time of the month it is time for the book haul! This time round I was a bit reckless when it came to review requests because there are simply so many books I wanted to read. I best get to reviewing some of them soon :c Also, my mother was clearing out her bookshelf (which was one of the few places I didn't expect to get some new books from!) Some are old and have already been read, but surprisingly she had some books in there that she had never touched either! Thanks Mum!

I have also started to limit the amount of freebies I get as ebooks because it takes me forever to get to them and they really are on the backburner. So hopefully I can include less of those in the future hauls as I get less of them. But the tempting things is that they are free.
Ebook Freebies:

 
 
 
 
| Chasing the Star Garden by Melanie Karsak | Lady Susan by Jane Austen | Trial by Fire by Margarita Gakis | Crave the Rose by Karen Kincy | Rebecca Newton and the Sacred Flame by Mario Routi | Murder on the Hill by Kennedy Chase |

Giveaway Wins:

 

 | The Temple of Indra's Jewel b Rachael Stapleton | Incite by Erica Crouch | Deceived and Destroyed by L.A. Starkey @ Pretty Little Pages | Keep Your Enemies Close by H. S. Stone @ Blue Eye Books |

Review Copies: (So many I am excited to read! Eep!)





 
 
| Liam's Promise, Nester's Mistake and Amaranth's Return by Karyn Folan | Double Vision by Colby Marshall | Liars Inc. by Paula Stokes | Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby | We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach | Absolutely True Lies by Rachel Stuhler | Salt and Stone by Victoria Scott | Sea of Stars by Amy A. Bartol | Mission Titanic by Jude Watson | Lock and Mori by Heather W. Petty | Catalyst by Lydia Kang | Loving Helen by Michele Paige Holmes | Devon's Choice by Catherine Bennett |
 
Print Books:
 
 

 
 
| Wild Swans by Jung Chang | Betrayal by Danielle Steele | Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison | Rise by Davina Okonkwo (for review) | Alabama Stories by John Jones (for review) | The Sky and the Sea by Kevin Johnson (for review) | Trailblazers by Dave and Neta Jackson | The Davinci Code and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown | They Also Serve by Hilary Green | The Runaway Woman by Jospehine Cox | His Bright Light by Danielle Steele | H.R.H. by Danielle Steele |
 
Olivia's Question: What new books have you received lately?
 
Olivia-Savannah x

34 comments:

  1. Oooooh, so many awesome books!!! Liars, Inc. is on my TBR and I'm dying to read it. I look forward to your review and I hope you like it :) Anyways, books I recently got....I went to the library last weekend and I got a few new books: Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo, Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson, and Arcadia Awakens by Kai Meyer.
    Happy reading!
    ~Haley @ My Addiction: Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dying to begin it too! After the one I am currently reading I am going to start on that. Tiger Lily has been recommended to me by a lot of people so I am sure you will like it! Happy reading with those ones too :)

      Delete
  2. Olivia - I love, love, love your book haul posts. I'm just a voyeur at heart trying to see what everyone else is reading. Not too many look familiar to me. I promoted Liars, Inc. I've been very curious about the 39 Clues series. One day, I'll read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being nosy and reading others as well! I will be reviewing Liars, Inc hopefully very soon. And although the 39 clues books are mostly for children, so far I am immensely enjoying them.

      Delete
  3. I'm trying to work on the Reckless Requesting. I saw that new stuff came up on Edelweiss and I resisted! I've had Tiger Lily on my to-read pile for a year or two and I really want to try it!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen at YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I do need to get better at it too and focus on the books I do have to review. There are just too many appealing ones out there! Tiger Lily is one I know a lot of people are keen to get to. I hope you like it!

      Delete
  4. Aww, so many awesome books :) Hope you will enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your going to be busy this month reading so many books! I went crazy on netgalley this week and ended up receiving 9 books, whoops! Hope you enjoy them all :)
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will be, ahaha! And accidents like that can happen ;) I hope you do manage to work your way through them!

      Delete
  6. Look at all those books! WOW! I am one of the few who still doesn't have an ereader, so I don't get any ebooks- but I can see how hard it would be to resist free books. I hope when I have a little extra money at some point that I will be able to get an ereader!

    Awesome that you got lots of books from your mom too. Always nice to get free books. Happy reading!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, if you get one you will feel my struggle! I am trying to get better at it, and I hope you do manage to afford it in the end ;)

      Delete
  7. Lots of fantastic books! I have to get to Salt & Stone and Things We Know by Heart soon. Where did you get your copy We All Looked Up from? :)

    Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some of the ones I am very much looking forward to! I think I got it good edelweiss, but my request took a while to come through.

      Delete
  8. Oh boy. It looks like you're going to be busy for a while. Lol. I don't have self control either, so don't sweat it. :D

    happy reading, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD I will be. But you know, these monthly hauls always add some more weight to my reading bag :P

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, you got some books girl! Besides Salt & Stone and Angels & Demons (which I haven't read) I don't know a thing about the other ones hahaha but hey, new books is always great! I did a cheeky BookDepository order earlier this week and I'm now waiting to get it but it would be probably my last until summer because I'm saving for my trip to London where I plan to go bookshopping like a maniac hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely have a lot of fun book shopping there! Make sure you stop by Waterstones - there they have the best collection! And yes, New Books are always great for renewing interests ;)

      Delete
  10. So many awesome books, I need to get an e-reader soon! Looking forward to reading your review on "Sea of Stars", I've been meaning to get that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I have to try and find a copy of book one first (I didn't notice there was more than one in this series yet) but I am looking forward to it!

      Delete
  11. True Lives sounds good! Hope you enjoy and have a great upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a while before it comes out but I am looking forward to that one!

      Delete
  12. The covers of these books are really gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Getting books from mom? That's cool!! My mom reads a lot too, I used to read her books but now she is reading mine hehe. I thinks it's great to share reading :)

    I'm like you with ebooks, I used to get every freebie but sometimes I don't even like it! So I'm trying to limit myself and read all the books that have been waiting for me like forever hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should always share reading ^.^ I hope you can curb that freebie addiction as well! Glad to know I am not alone in my problem :P

      Delete
  14. Aw, that's sweet your mom loves books as well :) Danielle Steel is a wonderful author, so I do hope you enjoy her books! Happy reading, looks like you will be busy busy soon <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves reading when she has the time to do it! I am looking forward to trying some of her books.

      Delete
  15. Wow, this is a super epic book haul Olivia! I really want to read Salt & Stone and Liars Inc. I hope you get the chance to read some of them soon, I know how difficult it is to stay away from new review copies and freebies hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read them too! And yes, I will be staying away from ARCs for a while now :c

      Delete
  16. Amazing haul! You've got so many wonderful books waiting to be read, I have no idea how you are going to decide what to read first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I just jump right in! No time to waste debating :3

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. It does look like it could be a good one :3

      Delete