Saturday, 9 May 2015

Book Haul #5 - Nails and Movie Time Too!

Hello everyone :D

Today it's that haul time again! I have lots of books for you, and also some DVDs and nail polish talk as well. It's going to be a month long collection, so lets get started right away!


| The Boy in a Box - Christopher Michael (for review) | Invisible Wings - Janell Rhiannion (for review) | Where You'll Fine Me - Erin Fletcher (won @ Random Daily Thoughts) | Witchcraft Couture - Katarina West (for review) | Lola and the Boy Next Door and Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins | Summer Truth - Linda Gatewood (for review) | Loan Some - Megan McLauchlan (for review) | Tequila and Tea Bags - Laura Barnard (won @ Reading... Dreaming) |


I got the Dark Shadows DVD because it has Chloe Grace Moretz in it, and that's reason enough to buy it. As well as vampires! I got The Hobbit part one because I hated the book, and hope maybe the movies can encourage me to try Lord of the Rings.


I have a best friend who doesn't wear too much nail polish. So she gave away basically them all apart from a few for herself, and gave them to me! I was so happy because that is 21 new, basically unused bottles! There were also a few designer ones in there, like Sally Hansen, China Glaze, etc...

Ebook Freebies: I said I wanted to cut down on the amount of freebies I download, and I think I have managed to do so!





| Fire in Frost - Alicia Rades | Priceless - Shannon Mayer | V is for Virgin - Kelly Oram (after reading Cinder and Ella by this author I was so happy to snag another book by her!) | The Geneva Decision - Seeley James |

Giveaway Wins: I have really been lucky lately!





| Cera's Place - Elizabeth McKenna @ Reading... Dreaming | Hooked - Christine Manzari @ Autumn Reviews | Revelations - Jennifer Carole Lewis @ Bad Bird Reads | Death Wish - Megan Tayte @ My Addiction: Books | Darkness and Luminaire - Ciye Cho @ Mermaid with a Book | Operation Deceit - K. Williams @ Fictionzeal | Teeth by Chele Cook |

For Review:





 | The Grim Series (complete collection) - Isabelle Fontaine and Ken Brosky | Winter Secret and Spring Promise - Linda Gatewood | Angelfall and World After - Susan Ee | The Wedding Shroud and Golden Dice - Elizabeth Storrs | Pride and Prejudice adapted by Stacy King |  You Can Trust Me - Sophie McKenzie | The Girl in the Road - Monica Byrne | Bits and Pieces - Jonathan Maberry | Black Tide - Patrick Freivald |

That's all from this book haul!

Olivia's Question: What new books have you acquired recently? What're you reading?

Olivia-Savannah x

40 comments:

  1. Fire in Frost and Teeth look really good..and you have got quite the haul Olivia ..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover to Fire in Frost which made me really want to try it! As for Teeth I remember the review where I entered from was very positive which made me happy to have snagged it!

      Delete
  2. I love Angelfall and World After — I hope you like them too!

    x Ely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously anticipating those two because a blogger I trust loved them - as does a lot of people too.

      Delete
  3. AAAH You got Isla and Lola! I want a copy of it but I'm in book buying ban soooo... ENVY. JEALOUS. READER. HERE. *Sobs. AND you're so lucky! You one lots of books lately. <3

    Yani @ Paper Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously going to be starting on that trilogy soon :D I have heard SO many good things about it! I also admire the book buying ban efforts. I just... wouldn't be able to do it.

      Delete
  4. 21 unused nail polishes?!?! I want a friend like that too hahahaha:)
    I don't know most of the titles you listed besided of course Perkins and Susan Ee.... but I hope you enjoy the majority of them and as for the movies... I haven't read The Hobbit although I plan to do it, and I enjoyed the movies (the last one was my least favourite though...). If you didn't like the book you may enjoy the movies because for what other people have said, they are nothing alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that friend is great ^^ I like the idea of the movies being very different as well because that is exactly what I need them to be like!

      Delete
  5. Hi, Olivia - Well, I judge a lot of books by their cover ... yes, I'm one of those. Two that stand out to me for their covers are Cera's Place and You can Trust Me. :) Nice book haul.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on judging books by their cover. You Can Trust Me looks great - mostly because I love Sophie McKenzie's novels in general <3

      Delete
  6. Free nail polish, yay!! I really liked The Hobbit movies, hope you like it more than the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with free stuff ;) I hope I like them as well :)

      Delete
  7. I loved Lola and the Boy Next Door and Isla and The Happily Ever After! I really need to read AngelFall because I do have a copy but I haven't gotten around to it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for it because I have heard so many great things! AngelFall is coming up on the list soon because everyone loves it. I am hoping I will as well ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness! I don't know where to start with your haul. Happy reading? Lol. Seriously, there's so much awesome in here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to begin either. What to start with?!

      Delete
  9. Lots of pretty babies! I actually prefer the The Hobbit movies than the book. And I prefer Lord of the Ring books rather than the movies, though they are actually pretty great. And you will love Penryn and the End of Days series! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that means I might be in store for a good movie then! And some good reads as well.

      Delete
  10. Look at your haul! You have definitely been lucky in the give-aways. And more lucky in getting those nail colors! I've tried watching the Hobbit but never really got into it. But I love the Lord of Ring movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame you could never like the Hobbit :/ At least after those I have good things in store?

      Delete
  11. Where you'll find me sounds like a great one. Hope you enjoy, have a happy mother’s day and great upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to that one. Thanks Brandi!

      Delete
  12. Awww I loved the Hobbit books way better than the movies, and I prefer the old Dark shadows TV series than the movie.
    toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh :( I have seen the Dark Shadows movie now, and I will say that it was a little bit weird xD I might try the telly series as well to see if it compares and is actually better.

      Delete
  13. Wow that's some book haul, you're a lucky lass! Currently reading The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller which is" A tale of gods, kings, immortal fame, and the human heart," certainly seems well written and one to recommend. glad I picked it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely am :3 I believe I have heard of that book before and it does sound good! I will have to check it out :D

      Delete
  14. Ah, The Hobbit. I love it. Nail polish too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your book haul looks amazing! I hope you enjoy all of these books :) I'll be depressed if you don't like Angelfall, I can't stress enough how amazing it is. Love the nail polish though, happy reading <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I am really looking forward to it because it seems like you have loved ALL the books ;)

      Delete
  16. I love nail polish! Although I try to vary the colors, I always end up having my nails painted in red for 80% of the time, lol. Also, I did not know that movie had Chloe in it! Alright, will try to find it some time.

    WOOT, you'll be reading the manga classics version of Pride & Prejudice!! I loved that one so so much! I also bought it in hardcover and, honestly, it's porbably one of the prettiest books I own. SO PRETTY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am nail polish and art crazy. And it's always alright to have a colour that ends up being most for you! I have a lot of reds/purples/pinks so I am trying to keep that mixed up.
      Looking forward to hearing what you think of Dark Shadows! I liked it well enough but it leaned or weird in some places.
      After not liking the book too much I wanted to try a manga version. Sometimes I enjoy those more :)

      Delete
  17. So that means you're a nail polish freak, and you're quite lucky that your friend doesn't like to wear nail polishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha yes I am! I love nail polish just as much as I like my books :D

      Delete
  18. Seriously awesome haul! And I love the nail polish!! :) I just replaced some of mine and got a really awesome blue and purple and some glitter kind for my girls. I hope you're having a great week!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh those nail polish shades sound pretty cool as well :)

      Delete
  19. I haven't bought any new book in a while now, but you seem to have gotten quite a few. That's a weird Pride and Prejudice cover, is it the same written by Austen or something else?
    Andreea Catsfika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the Pride and Prejudice Graphic Novel adaption, so it's different than the original. I read the original last month.

      Delete
  20. That is very impressive haul you got there! So many books! I read Manga Classics: Pride and Prejudice last year and enjoyed it even though there were some things that bothered me compared to the original. And Francine, my co-blogger loved V is for Virgin! I think I 1-clicked that too but have not read it yet. The Geneve Decision looks interesting, love that cover..going to check it out now. Thanks for sharing Olivia! Again, awesome haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't a huge fan of the original but I am hoping I will still be able to enjoy the graphic novel version. I am definitely looking forward to V is for Virgin!

      Delete