Thursday, 25 June 2015

Monsters University (Movie Review)

Bonjour!

This film for today is an absolutely amazing one. And I mean absolutely amazing. I am tempted to give it five stars because I just loved it that much. Don’t know what I’m talking about yet? Well, it’s an awesome movie called Monsters University, which had the tough job of making a prequel to the well-known and much loved movie Monsters Inc. And they did it brilliantly. Just sayin’. It’s a family fun film that I love :D

This 2013 movie follows the two monsters Mike and Sulley during their first years at university. They must have planned this really well, because in Monsters Inc. they share a common enemy Randy. In this movie they show what the conflict was between them and Randy which made them dislike him. But they also dug deeper into more details. In the Monsters Inc Randy squints all the time, constantly narrowing his eyes. In this film you can see he has glasses and someone else tells him he shouldn’t wear them, hence the squinting begins. And of course, we get to see how the monsters exercise of scary feet, scary feet, scary feet ROAR! Came about :P But that only makes sense if you’ve seen the film.  They also brought in characters from Monsters Inc. so we could see how they grew a bit themselves, and had some things explained from their background too. I would still watch Monsters Inc before this one, because it’s more fun that way.

My favourite scene had to be the end one, where Mike realizes what Sulley has done. I am not going to say anything further because then I would hit a massive spoiler, but it was a really emotional and nice scene.

Other than knowing Monsters Inc from my childhood and I loved the fact that they brought it back, I also loved the morals they teach. They teach children the importance of teamwork, and why it is so special. About solving differences for the good of a team. It also shows them an  uplifting story of getting their childhood dreams. But other than those two there are so many other morals woven in there, but I shall leave you all to puzzle them out yourselves ;)

The movie was directed by Dan Scanlon who was the story artist for movies like Cars and Toy Story 3. The movie runs for about 104 minutes and I have decided it is so worth five out of five stars.

Now go and watch it!

Olivia's Catastrophe: What kind of monster were you afraid of as a child (if any?)

Olivia-Savannah x

30 comments:

  1. I was very afraid on monsters and ghosts and all of that as a little kid, but at that time these movies didn't exist! I loved Monsters Inc and Monsters University was great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very afraid of those kind of things too! I think the first one will always be my favourite, but this prequel did a very good job in comparison as well.

      Delete
  2. Oh! Reminds me I need to watch this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, I think you would like it!

      Delete
  3. This does sound like a cute movie. I don't remember really being afraid of monsters or such when I was a kid. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then that is very well too! Being frightened very young is never nice. This was a nice fun for the whole family kind of movie.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to catch this one, great review! Thanks for an early review, now I can't wait anymore to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not quite an early review because this one came out a while ago. But I hope you do get a chance to see it!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I haven't seen this movie yet. I've seen the first and really liked it, but haven't got round to watching it yet. Glad you liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to watch this one soon because it is really good! Glad you were able to like the first though. :c

      Delete
  6. YEAH!!!!! I loved this movie Olivia! I very vividly remember I was terrified of a monster called a Critter when I was little - it was from the movie Critters which my older brother made me watch when I was way too young to watch it, and these tiny little things could hide under your bed and then when you least expect it BAM! They'd attack. I couldn't sleep for about 9 years ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it so much too! I was afraid of the aliens in a movie called Signs. Because there was a vacant space under my bed where drawers should've been, but weren't, and I imagined aliens would roll out from under there xd Things like that and Critters can be frightening at such a young age!

      Delete
  7. We just bought this a few weeks ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it when you watch it <3

      Delete
  8. Love this one too. My niece and nephew just have to watch it all the time. Glad you love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good movie. I think your niece and nephew have good taste :3

      Delete
  9. Just put it on my to-watch list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like family fun movies, then I think you will like this one too :D

      Delete
  10. Lol! I was planning on watching it tonight because I have nothing better. Now I'm getting excited. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence! I hope you have fun with it tonight, then ^.^

      Delete
  11. I saw this movie in the theater and it is definitely a cute/fun movie. I loved the monsters from the first movie- so like you, I was happy to see them again. So glad you enjoyed this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great when you love the first movie of something and they make another one which is pretty fun too ^^ Glad you liked it ^^

      Delete
  12. I was really nervous to watch this one because sequels can sometimes be disappointing, so I was very worried that this wouldn't be all that good. But I absolutely loved it. It was such a wonderful movie and I am so glad they decided to do the prequel. LOVED IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I really wanted them to get this one right so I was so happy when they did!

      Delete
  13. I waited for this film FOR YEARS! Monsters Inc. is one of my favourite animations ever!! I was very fond of monsters when I was a kid - and still am, Halloween is my favourite holiday. But ghosts scare the hell out of me - then and now!
    Andreea Catsfika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was going to come out until a while after it did! Monsters Inc. is amazing though <3 I think it's pretty cool that you are/were fond of them instead of frightened ^^

      Delete
  14. I've actually never seen this movie, but then I didn't like Monster Inc. So. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't like it DD: Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you didn't like the first one, then you probably won't enjoy this one much either.

      Delete
  15. I just adore Mike and Sully. These films just make me smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those characters and these movies <3

      Delete