Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Simplistic Nail Art Designs!

Morning everyone!

Updates! You guys, I feel so proud. I did my first bit of coding ever. (Even though it was a very little bit of coding). I made some buttons for my social media which you can see in the sidebar now, and also added my Goodreads challenge simply because I couldn't find a good size for that button and I wanted a link to Goodreads somewhere. I don't really take that challenge seriously because my real challenge is on Shelfari.

Today I decided I wanted to do something a bit different and share some more nail art with you all. Without further ado I have five designs here for you, most of which are pretty simplistic. I recently got some new equipment but it's going to take me a while to figure out how to use it all. Hopefully after that you will have some nice designs!



With this design I had originally tried out another one, but it didn't work out so I brainstormed for about five seconds and invented this as my cover up for the failed attempt. All it is is slanted polka dots and some random curls that came to mind! I was actually pretty pleased with the results.


If you're very sure that you can't do nail art and would still like your nails looking glamorous, you can always opt for some nail stickers! That's what I used here, and arranged the stars to make a pattern. 


Again, another failed-nails-cover-up-idea. I guess polka dots are my natural escape route? You can mix it up by having one nail the opposite colours. Oh, and I was experimenting with my new dotting tools here. My thumb nails have triangular tips but I don't have a photo of that :(


I'm calling this one simplistic because it didn't take too long. Apologises for the strange lighting going on here. I painted my nails black and tipped them using a thin nail brush with a glittery silver. The word 'light' is on my accent nail because of the book 'Light' by Michael Grant. I was feeling fangirl-ish and decided to cross it over to my nails for the week :P


And lastly, this is my lazy pattern. It was late at night and I didn't have very long so I went for a simple line down the middle and crosses on my accent nail just to have something different there!

New Video: My movie review of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins!



There you have it! Five fairly simply designs which I am sure you might be able to do too.

Olivia's Question: Which was your favourite?

Olivia-Savannah x

30 comments:

  1. Congrats on your coding venture ;) I also really enjoyed this post. Failed-nails-cover-up-ideas? That's right up my alley. You have no idea how much I suck at nail art -_- I'll definitely be using some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha thank you <3 It's always good to have an emergency back up plan!

      Delete
  2. The first and last of your nail designs are my favorite. Good job on the coding. I know from having wordpress.org, it is not simple and I'm not all that techie. Your sidebar looks great.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane <3 I think the first one has to be my favourite of mine as well!

      Delete
  3. Yayyyy Olivia on all your coding awesomeness! I tried a little bit of coding and went from wanting to both pull my hair out and leap for the sky when I finally did it. And I love ALL your nail art but I think my fav is the last one with the black lines. You said you did it really quick but I think it looks awesome!♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be difficult at first but I found the perfect guide which explained everything in a way that I could understand! I am glad you like them <3 Maybe the easier ones sometimes turn out the best.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the coding venture. I find it a pain but more power to you if you want to take it on. I like the last set of nails the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems it is a pretty popular choice!

      Delete
  5. You did an awesome job on the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack, Blogger ate my comment! In any case, I mentioned that you did such an awesome job on the nails and that the first one is my fave of all the sets. The blue is a shade that I absolutely love!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mean blogger DD: I am glad you like that one, I love that shade of blue too!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the coding!!!! :) I really struggle with it and was so proud when I finally managed to do my social media buttons. Good job! :) Love the nail art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great when you are finally able to do it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the coding! I always mess up when there's coding involved xD
    love the nails too, especially the blue ones, the design looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do as well - my first true success!

      Delete
  9. They are really very pretty and innovative, lucky that you have a steady hand! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats with the coding! And I wish I can as skillful in nail design (love the blue best ;-D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone can be with a lot of practice ;)

      Delete
  11. Your nail design looks soo pretty, I really love that blue nail design the best - you're so talented! <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benish! I'm glad you like it :3

      Delete
  12. I ADORE the nails! I wish you could come over and fix the weird mess I have made of my toenail polish ;) The ones with the stars are my favorite!

    Now. I watched your Catching Fire review, and I mean... let's just agree to disagree on a lot of this. Like Peeta. :) I do agree that this book was better than the first though. That's all I can offer. I love me some Hunger Games!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, toe nail polish is not really my forte actually xD I am not so much good at those as I am at fingernails!
      GALE FOR THE WIN! *ahem* I mean, yes we can agree to agree to disagree ^^

      Delete
  13. I could never hold my hand steady enough to do that..your nails look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yaaay! Congrats on being able to code, even if it's just a little bit! We all have to start somewhere right, even if it's small ;) I know some HTML codes here and there, enough to format, but not enough to actually code a site. I do plan to learn how, though!

    And those nails look amazing! I'm pretty much in love with all them, although I'm a bit biased on the blue one since blue is my favorite color ;)

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it can be pretty difficult. I am intent at learning properly at some point too!

      Delete
  15. Ooh, nail stickers. I am very much a paint and move onto the next thing kinda person, when it comes to nails, but those star stickers are so neat! And I've wanted to try nail stickers before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Nail stickers are pretty easy to use and can spice up some plain nails without too much hassle.

      Delete