Saturday, 1 August 2015

My Return & Brand New Memes!

Hello there!

I have missed you wonderful people but now I am back and ready to enjoy the rest of the blogging year! I know, I know, I am back a whole month early. But I don't have many plans for the rest of the summer and while I was away, I do admit I missed posting. So I thought, why not just come back early?

Remember that survey you took for me a while ago? Well, per your recommendation I have decided to sprice up the blog a bit more. A while back I added blog buttons as suggested. As well as that there will be goodreads and amazon links with every review. 

I also took into consideration which genres you wanted to see more of! Hopefully I can tackle those genres with about 5 books in each, from the ones you wanted to see the most and later on the ones you wanted to see the least. Oh, and I will continue reviewing a mix of new and old releases as requested!

The survey results helped an awful lot, so thanks to you guys!

I  have also decided to add some memes to my blog.

Olivia's Catastrophe has been meme free since I have started blogging, even when I saw Top Ten Tuesday posts and Stacking the Shelves around. I decided I would make my own personal monthly haul posts and if I wanted to do any list posts like Top Ten Tuesday, I would do my own!

So, instead of joining other memes I have decided to make my own personal ones for the blog. They cover the kind of posts you wanted to see some more of. If you want me to make any of these memes open for other blogs to join in because you would want to participate, just let me know in the comments below!

Reviews and movie reviews will go meme-less, because we don't need a meme for everything. And not every post will have one. Alas, here are the ones I made below!



Crafty and Cooking Messes - This one is for when I am going to share a recipe or a craft that I enjoyed doing! I don't do much creative cooking or crafting but I would like to start this half of the year and can't wait to do so. Which is why there is 'mess' in the title. It might end up looking like that. We'll have to see how it goes.


Olivia's Catastrophe - I hope this one looks familiar! It's the one I already use for discussion posts, and I will continue doing so.


Olivia Snaps - I am going to be honest here. I am not a photographer. But I do take a lot of photographs of books and am busy experimenting with photography. As good as photography can get when you are using an iphone and nothing special. So you can tell me when I am doing a good job or failing, because I am sure you are all better at photography than my newbie self.


My Hoarding Catastrophe - I think you might've noticed now that when I do a monthly book haul it is slightly crazy. This one is going to be for book hauls (and they often include nail polish and a few DVDs as well). I find the title befitting xD


Nails Extravaganza - I made this one because I am also nail art crazy just as much as I am bookish and basketball crazy - which is why I am going to make more blog posts dedicated to nail polish colours, designs and videos! This meme is for that :3

Olivia's Catastrophe: Are there any of these you want to join in with? How was your summer?

Olivia-Savannah x

26 comments:

  1. So happy you are back one month early!! I am excited to see all the different kinds of posts - although I am perfectly happy with the usual posts anyway. Glad you are back and happy blogging!! Can't wait to read more!

    Andreea Catsfika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm welcome back Andreea. I am looking forward to it too :3

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you did a lot of thinking about your blog while you were away from it. Now you're ready to tackle anything! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the survey I did want to make some changes to make my readers happy too! We shall see how it goes ^^

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, Olivia! Your new memes sound wonderful and I can't wait to read all your new posts and see the photographs you took <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inge :D And thanks for all the lovely comments on Facebook as well!

      Delete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you're back Olivia! :) I'm excited to see the Crafty and Cooking Messes & the snaps :)

    ~Cari @ My Addiction: Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the crafty and cooking messes will be the hardest to include but I did want to branch out a bit more myself.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! I hope your break was fun and it is nice to have you back in the blogosphere. :) Your survey sounds like it was very helpful and I like the ideas you have come up with. I am very curious about the crafts and cooking messes- especially since neither is my strong point. I also love to see photos- so that will be exciting. I always love book posts. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and I was able to get a lot of other things done - but boy am I glad to be back now! It's not my strongest point either, but I do love doing it nonetheless :D

      Delete
  6. [ Smiles ] Welcome back, Olivia.

    Hmm. Now, what is this thinh about a hoarding catastrophe?

    May you have a lovely month of August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahha my hoarding catastrophe is where I mention how many books I have recently bought. Which is often... too many xD

      Delete
  7. So good to have you back Olivia!!! I've missed your posts and after reading this one I'm even more excited to have you back with all those amazing memes, specially the cooking one and also the nails because I'm also obsessed with nail polishes. I own way too much LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I am glad you are looking forward to some of these! Thanks Noelia <3

      Delete
  8. Welcome back Olivia! I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and I cannot wait to see more of these new memes.

    Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel <3 It's good to be back :)

      Delete
  9. Welcome back! I think is really great that you are trying to cater to the audience's preferences yet keeping a touch of yourself. I love your memes. They are original and so good looking! The one for the crafts and hoardings are my favorite. Your blog is going to a great place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm welcome Manisha <3 I am looking forward to doing them myself!

      Delete
  10. Welcome back. Those are pretty banners

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back, Olivia! A break is always a good idea when blogging becomes too much. Gives you time to recharge your batteries. These features sound cool! Looking forward to checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy :) I am so glad to be back and definitely ready for it.

      Delete
  12. Yay you are back, look forward to seeing all you new posts!

    Heather | Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  13. These memes sounds cool and welcome back to the blogging world, we all missed you :-)

    ReplyDelete