Thursday, 15 October 2015

Fall Time Cozy Book Tag!

Hello there!

I was tagged by Soudha @ Of Stacks and Cups and Anissa @ The Bookworm Central to do this tag. I love the idea of it because Autumn is definitely one of my favourite seasons and orange is my favourite colour as well. I feel a very strong urge to change the title to the Autumn Time Cozy Book Tag but I'll just have to let my Britishess ride for this one and leave it as it is...

This tag was originally created by Sam from Novels and Nonsense! Now let's begin!

Crunchy Leaves! The world is full of color. Choose a book that has reds, oranges or yellows on the cover.


The book I decided to go with here was my copy of Mockingjay. I love the orange shading in it, and it perfectly represents Katniss as the Girl on Fire. Honestly, I don't think there is a better cover for this book. 

Cozy Jumper! It's finally cold enough to don warm, cozy clothing. What book gives you the warm fuzzies?

As soon as I saw the words 'warm fuzzies' I knew my selection for this category was going to be a romance. Anna and the French Kiss is one I was up until the early hours of the morning finishing and I loved the romance. This one restored my faith in YA romances ^.^

Fall Autumn Storm! The wind is howling and the rain is pounding. Choose your favorite book or genre that you like to read on a stormy day.


I am sure the majority of people would choose a calming book for this answer because you want to calm yourself in a storm. However, I went for a book which has an edge-of-the-seat action and suspense level. I think reading this while a storm is going on would frighten me like crazy and increase that reading experience! I had to choose Fear by Michael Grant, the fifth book in an all time favourite series of mine. 

Cool Crisp Air. Who's the coolest character you'd want to trade places with?


I didn't even have to think about this one. It would have to be Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson series. First of all, we are so similar! I am also afraid of spiders and apparently a child of Athena. Secondly, Percy. Yes. Camp Half-blood. Yes. Adventures. Yes. Can someone please make this happen?

Hot Apple Cider. What under-hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing?

I have to say it would be The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner. I can't completely remember what it is about because it has been years since I read it, but I remember LOVING it like crazy and wanting to shove it at everyone to read. So yes, it deserves to be a lot better known!

Coats, Scarves and Mittens. The weather has turned cold and it's time to cover up. What's the most embarrassing book cover you own that you like to keep hidden in public?

If the cover is actually cringe-worthy then I probably own it on my Kindle because that way no one can actually see what I am reading while I'm reading xD I'm not a reader of books that have embarrassing covers in general though because I tend to stay away from those genres due to reading preference already. But this is a book I won in a mystery pack of books giveaway, so I didn't even know what it was until I got it! I still kinda am going to be reading it though because it has me interested... And that is Chained by Night by Larissa Ione. 

Pumpkin Spiced Latte. What's your favorite Fall Time comfort food or drink?

EARL GREY TEA! Honestly, why is that even a question? It doesn't matter what time of year it is, this is the thing I will always drink. Even in summer. Oh, and this is my new favourite brand of this tea too: 

Warm, Cozy Bonfire. Spread the cozy warmth! Who do you tag?

Tagging: Noelia @ A Day in Bookland

Olivia's Question: What underhyped book do you think deserves more attention?

Olivia-Savannah x

32 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this tag! I'll definitely get to this asap. I also love Earl Grey tea for everything haha, it's the perfect fall drink <3

    And dude, of course you want to be Annabeth. She's badass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have been able to resist changing it the title to autumn, lol. The word "Fall" annoys me so much. You must have great restraint! ;)

    And I agree, hot beverages are an all-year thing. No one can stop their tea/coffee obsession because of the hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard for me not to! I love the word Autumn - it is so beautiful and represents the season so well. Fall is kind of a downer on things. YAY SOMEONE WHO FEELS LIKE ME. HOT DRINKS ALL YEAR!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for tagging me Olivia!
    YES FOR ANNABETH CHASE; badass and intelligent. And of course, Percy *___* On stormy days I go for anything fantasy and since I'm waiting in the mail (and I'm growing impatient) for Magnus Chase & Six of Crows those two would be perfect for that.
    I drink English Breakfast but just because it was the one I found on the supermarket LOL I do honestly don't see the difference between that and Earl Grey but there must be some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, who wouldn't want to be Annabeth Chase? Ooh I have heard Six of Crows is even ABOUT storms so it would be perfect for this! I actually haven't tried too many teas? I definitely haven't tried English Breakfast before but I might make a tea post where I try a bunch of different teas and contrast and compare.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tag, and I will try to do this as well. Chocolate or Pumpkin Spice creamer for my coffee every morning is a must have for autumn and winter months. I'm fond of Hazelnut also, but I prefer to have the other two flavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love everything pumpkin flavoured so I think that creamer is a wonderful idea.

      Delete
  5. Ooh this looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for tagging me, I really want to do this myself!! :D Hahaha Anna and the French Kiss also gives me the warm fuzzies, it's just so cute! ^-^ And I hadn't seen that Mockingjay cover before! :O

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear all about your answers! I love that book so much, and the sequel was pretty good too <3 You hadn't? It's one of my favourites!

      Delete
  6. I'm the same whenever I see the word 'fall' and change it to 'autumn' in my head ahah. Anyways I love your answers for this! I'd definitely want to swap places with Annabeth for every reason you mentioned, but most importantly Percy ;) and then drink earl grey tea in Camp Halfblood = awesome

    Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/review-warriors-reverians-3-by-sarah.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, can't get rid of our Britishness <3 Percy <333

      Delete
  7. Hi - I don't think I'd be able to answer just ONE favorite Fall Time comfort food or drink. I love all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. TIME FOR TEA AND APPLE CIDER. OH HAPPY DAY! <3 <3

    Anna and the French Kiss is PERFECT for this kind of weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! More autumn lovers <3 That book was just SO good it made me love romances all over again.

      Delete
  9. ooh I love this tag!! The Hunger Games cover is so cool :D I want to read Anna, so I can get all the warm fuzzies too. Lovely picks, and thanks for the tag <3

    https://twitter.com/Watcha_Reading/status/654858797597466625

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear about all your answers! Ooh, you haven't read that one yet? You must try it!

      Delete
  10. I don't usually like to feature tag posts on the blog but this one's too original to let it pass. Great post Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do this one! It was really fun and I had never heard of it until I was tagged in it myself.

      Delete
  11. What underhyped book do you think deserves more attention?
    -Oh soooo many to choose from... All historical fiction book by Michelle Diener and the F.R.E.A.K.S. series by Jennifer Harlow oh and Curses and Smoke by Vicky Alvear Shecter. Really I could go on and on! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check all of those out because I haven't heard of any of those before DD: But yes, so many books out there worthy of more hype that just haven't received it yet.

      Delete
  12. Anna And The French Kiss is such an amazing book!!! You have such great choices! Awesome post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did love it. Thanks for introducing me to this tag :D

      Delete
  13. Earl Grey Tea is also my favorite tea <3 For the cool crisp air question I did think of picking Annabeth but just like you and her I'm super scared of spiders! Kind of uncanny huh? :D And after reading The Mark of Athena I've decided I'm best off not being Annabeth XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Earl grey tea buddies <3 I haven't read The Mark of Athena yet so that couldn't scare me away! Although I can predict a lot of spiders were involved.

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for the tag -- so excited to do it! :D And love your answers! Annabeth is so AWESOME. Also, that edition of Mockingjay is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it so much! I can't wait to see what you come up with as well ^.^

      Delete
  15. This is such a fun tag! I do enjoy that Mockingjay cover, and I need to obtain it, no question! That cover is hilarious too- I know what you mean, you wouldn't exactly want to display that on your bookcase ;)

    As for an under-hyped book, Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill. It should be read by absolutely EVERYONE.
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another one for your numerous HG collection! I love how much you love those books :3
      I have heard of that one! I should read it though...

      Delete

  16. Sally Gardner’s work is utterly gorgeous. I’d probably answer I, Coriander for under hyped book, though, since I haven’t read The Red Necklace. Have you read any of her other work? Tinder is fascinating (and full of illustrations, which is an instant win for me) and Coriander is utterly gorgeous. It paints the fae world just how I imagine it myself.
    I’ve never seen that cover of Mockingjay! I thought Catching Fire was the one with the red cover. It’s a nice representation of Katniss being fire, though, you’re right. We have these gorgeous Australian editions that are white with gold edging. They’re just magnificent. And I have the black “classic” kind of editions, which I adore. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you can agree with that! I haven't read any of her other books although I fully intend to - and to finish off the series as well because The Red Necklace is book one. I will have to check out those other books.

      It seems a lot of bloggers haven't! I think it could be because that is the standard UK cover? In my series HG is black and Catching Fire is blue :D I have seen those and they are beautiful DD:

      Delete