I'm back from my little hiatus where I went home for Christmas and I had a really good time. I can't wait to get back into the blogging rhythm of things. It's almost the new year as well! Perpetual Pageturner usually hosts a blog survey to summarise the year, and I am joining in this year! Here goes :3
BEST IN BOOKS
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Do I really have to choose? It was hard enough doing my Top 15 reads of 2015 post! So go there if you want to see what some of the best books I have read this year was.
2. Book You Were Excited About and Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater definitely takes this place. Everyone talks about how brilliant that story is and her writing style, but I wasn't feeling it in the slightest.
3. Most surprising (in a good way) book you read in 2015?
The most surprising book in a good way had to be Variables of Love by M.K. Schiller which I wasn't expecting to like at all, especially as it is outside the usual genre I read. But I ended up giving it a massive five stars!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2015?
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best series I started? Had to be A Game of the Thrones, although the Lunar Chronicles did give it a run for it's money. I have to say the best sequel was Ten Thousand Skies Above You! As for series ender, it was the last book in the Snapped series by Ketley Allison.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don't read NA often, but Variables of Love by M.K. Schiller has me rethinking that decision because that book blew me out of the water. It was just so amazing and wasn't only romance but culture in there as well.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I read the Spiderwick Chronicles this year and I can just see myself rereading them when I am in the mood for something light hearted and fun.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia is just beautiful!
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Jem from Clockwork Angel. He can hop out of the pages and marry me because he is such a gentleman.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
I really thought Dreamstrider was beautifully written because if the book was based on language alone I would drown in its beauty.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Violent Ends by Shaun Hutchinson and various authors. It had be scribbling down so many notes and I couldn't stop thinking as I was reading. It definitely made me think about my perspective on life and the reasons why some people do what they do, and whether it makes them good or bad.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
"Today is your day! You're off to great places, you're off and away!" ~ Dr. Seuss (but I discovered it when I read All the Bright Places.)
16. Book That Shocked You The Most?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart hands down. THAT PLOT TWIST THOUGH. I couldn't get over it for weeks. I tried to find out how I could see it coming but... just, no. I was even writing poetry inspired by this book in the end.
17. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Me + every book boyfriend I have ever mentioned to you. The sad thing is, I'm not even kidding.
18. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Even though I didn't particular enjoy the third Harry Potter book I read this year, I do like the friendship the main trio share.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
I really did like Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. I've loved the TMI series *eep telly show to come!* so I wanted to try The Infernal Devices. Book one didn't disappoint!
20. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Sanez was recommended to me time and time again. I constantly avoided it because it wasn't my genre. This year I read it and quite liked it.
21. Best 2015 debut you read?
I read quite a few debuts but All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven was so good. I think she even won an award for this category as well.
22. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
23. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
24. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
One that nearly made me cry at the beginning was Heart of a Dove by Abbie Williams. It was about prostitution and was so beautifully sad.
25. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
26. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
YOUR BLOGGING/BOOKISH LIFE
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I have discovered WAY too many blogs for this. I love you all!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I loved running my first event, which was the Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon with Karolina and Inge.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
When I reached 1000 bloglovin followers and when I kicked up my Youtube channel again. I had so much support and it makes me want to squeeze all of you to death with the love I feel! :D
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I discovered the Book Depository this year. Through entering giveaways mostly, but it was wonderful because FREE SHIPPING TO MY COUNTRY!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
I am so reading Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin next year. You just try and stop me!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Olivia's Question: What are your goals for 2016?