Saturday, 12 December 2015

My Hoarding Catastrophe ~ Book Fairs are my Kryptonite

Happy weekend to you all!

My hoarding catastrophe is my monthly book haul here on Olivia's Catastrophe. This month I went to two book fairs and I got some pretty epic books, so this haul is gonna be a big one! I've also done two of my six exams and I only have one more week of school until the holiday! I can't wait because I have a lot of blogging social media and commenting things to catch up on - which I will have time to do because I will be taking a mini hiatus for some of the holiday. 

But for now, let's get to the books!


Paperback Books: The majority of these come from the book fairs where books were crazy cheap! (1 euro for a paperback and 1.50 for a hardcover!) I also bought one book from Amazon, won one, and got one for review. And you guys, look it is Winter! I also got the full Divergent series and The Host. I've read all those books, but it is time for some reading ^.^


The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson 
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
American Gods - Neil Gaiman
Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr
Evermore - Alyson Noel
Blue Moon - Alyson Noel
Shadowland - Alyson Noel 
Dark Flame - Alyson Noel
Me Before You - Jojo Moyes
Shiver  - Maggie Stiefvater
Linger - Maggie Stiefvater
I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
One Day - David Nichols 
Winter - Marissa Meyer
Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
Divergent - Veronica Roth
Insurgent - Veronica Roth
Allegiant - Veronica Roth
Four - Veronica Roth 
The Book of Tomorrow - Cecelia Ahern 
Open and Read - James P. Burn III (For Review)
The Host - Stephanie Meyer

Freebies! I have been pretty good at avoiding the freebies which are so tempting to get but I couldn't resist this one!


The Jungle Book - Rudyard Kipling

Giveaway Wins! 


Sky Ghosts: All For One - Alexandra Engellmann
Sky Ghosts: Marco - Alexandra Engellmann

For Review: So excited for some of these! Especially Remembrance because I have read all of the Mediator series by Meg Cabot and loved each and every one!





Remembrance - Meg Cabot
The Hating Game - Sally Thorne
Stygian - Santino Hassell
Collected Poems - Rita Dove
I Let You Go - Clare Mackintosh 
This is the Story of You - Beth Kephart
How to Disappear - Ann Redisch Stampler
OCDaniel -  Wesley King
Beyond the Red - Ava Jae
The Lightles Sky - Gulwali Passarlay 
Her Again - Michael Schulman

Those are all the books I got this month! I will be busy reading this holiday :3

Olivia's Question: What are the latest books you've acquired?

Olivia-Savannah x

38 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a crap ton of awesome books. I am so jealous that the book fair had books for so cheap. I wish we had things like that where I live. I hope you enjoy all your lovelies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book fair was so good to me! I love buying second hand books because sometimes there are some good steals there.

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul! I'm hoping to catch up on some of my personal books before the new year, and the Millinneum Trilogy is one that I have been planning to read for a long time. The Host is good (The movie sucks), and I'm hoping for a sequel soon. There's nothing wrong with collecting your favorite series to add to your shelf. I do it all the time. I've done a great job of staying away from Netgalley, Edelweiss and Amazon freebies. I used to drown in those books, but I can't get my own books read because of it. So... New Year for me over on my blog. There will be a great shortage of review books next year, but plenty of my own books will get read and reviewed; which is why I started blogging. Where did I go wrong? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh it sounds like we could be reading that together again! The Host is brilliant, agreed, but I hated the movie >.> I want a sequel! I hope there isn't because I do that quite often :P I know what you mean! Freebies are gloriously evull. I am looking forward to seeing those reviews of your own books!

      Delete
  3. Nice stack of books, Olivia. Nearly taller than you. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. *whistles* Girl, this massive pile is impressive! I'll be doing a lot of reading on my Christmas holidays as well, so synchronize watches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that American Gods that I see in your stack? :) It is actually very hight on my own TBR so I am curious what you will think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! After reading and really liking Trigger Warning I decided it was time to try another one of Neil Gaiman's books!

      Delete
  6. You're barely visible behind that massive tower of books! Enjoy lovely <3
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book fairs are my downfall too - especially for books for my kids. The last book fair I went to, I came back with over 60 books!! (But they were REALLY cheap!)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 60 is so many DD: But you know, cheap books are cheap books ;)

      Delete
  8. Woah, lots of new books to read! I love book fairs. There's nothing better than cheap books, especially when you can get an entire series. I'm excited for you to read The Host and the Wolves of Mercy Falls series - they're some of my all-time favourites!

    Oh, and I am so exited for Remembrance. I really, really hope it is good. I loved the original Mediator series and don't want this one to spoil that perfect ending.

    And Winter is way, way, way too long! Its kind of intimidating me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Plenty to keep me busy. Book fairs are wonderful and I wish they came around more often! I have already read and loved The Host. I've started into Shiver and gotten halfway but I'm not really feeling it at the moment...

      Remembrance and Winter are high on my need-to-read-now list!

      Delete
  9. Holy moly girl, that is one hell of an awesome pile of books hahahaha Actually, how hard was to hold all those books? It looks like a nice arm workout nonetheless hahahaha I haven't bought a single book since my last bookhaul. Well, that's a lie. I went with my mom to get my Christmas presents but that doesn't really count, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually pretty difficult but I did want to try this kind of picture! Doesn't count yet because they are still to come!

      Delete
  10. Woah, that's so many books! It must have been almost impossible to carry them all... I would have been too scared in case I dropped some. I've heard Shiver and Linger are amazing, and I really want to read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo too, so I hope you enjoy them!

    Good luck in your exams! I hope you have a relaxing time over the holidays. Thanks for sharing this, Olivia ♥
    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty heavy ahaha. I'm a bit into Shiver and not really loving it yet but I am still hoping for it! I am looking forward to TGWtDT. I am hoping that there will be time to relax as well ^.^

      Delete
  11. I let you go sounds good- Happy reading and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a super impressive list! Do you plan to rest at all after your exams? Ha ha. I think not. ;) I look forward to all of your reviews, especially Remembrance. That on sounds quite interesting. Happy reading, O.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow! Look at all those books! How exciting to have so many great books to read. Can't wait to hear about them! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been good, and bought only two books this past 5 months :3 I want to get them all though. If only money did grow on trees...

    Cucie @ Cucie Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually really good as well! It means you can cut down that TBR ^.^

      Delete
  15. I read everything on Kindle, but there's something about a traditional book that's just so exciting. Especially when there's a stack of them, like you have! It takes me back to childhood, when I'd go to the library and get a stack of books and that stack represented hours and hours of great reading enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kindles are really convenient as well! I do quite a bit of reading on there as well even though I do prefer paperbacks <3

      Delete
  16. Wow, you've got some really amazing books!!! :D I've never been to a book fair, but I think I definitely need to go to one soon - or maybe I shouldn't haha, my book buying addiction is already out of hand! Best of luck on the rest of your exams, Olivia! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha it can be really good for you or bad, depending on the way you want to look at it! Hope you can get to one <3 Thanks, Anissa x

      Delete
  17. That's a lot of books, Olivia! Hope the exams are going well and enjoy your holiday! American Gods is one of my favourite books ever, but I am a bit obsessed with Neil Gaiman so I'm biased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exams just finished and I am feeling so positive about things :3 Ahaha I know you love his books. I am looking forward to trying a second one of his.

      Delete
  18. Oh my God!! So many nice-looking books! <3 Don't worry, you're not alone in this. When I have the opportunity I also go crazy and get a bunch of books, book fairs are just precious :3 haha <3 Happy reading!! ^-^

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so good to know I am not alone :3

      Delete
  19. Oh my goodness I'm super jealous! I need to go to a book fair now. I just want to swim in books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want a place to start buying so many books, a book fair is ideal!

      Delete