Saturday, 9 January 2016

The Liebster Award Tag!

Hello there, readers!

Today I have the Liebster award tag for you! I’ve actually done this one already twice, here and here, but seeing as the questions are always different I will answer them regardless. I was nominated by the wonderful girls @ My Addiction: Books.

The Rules!
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
Answer the 11 questions asked
Nominate at least 3 bloggers.
Ask them 11 new questions

Here come the questions!

Have you ever read a book that changed your life or deeply affected you? Which book?

Hm, this is a difficult question. I think Out of My Mind by Sharon M Draper really made me understand some more physical disabilities and the difficulty of living with one. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini was another one I couldn’t stop thinking about days after I’d finished it, which rarely happens to me.

If you had to give up all your books except for one, which one would you pick?

This is a mean question! I would keep Plague by Michael Grant. It’s all lies. I would hide my stash and pretended that I only had one.




How long does it take you to write a review?

Twenty minutes at a max! I already have all the notes of things I need to mention, and I am a pretty fast typer, so once I start I finish pretty soon afterwards as well.

What is your least favorite book and why?

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I have no idea how some people can love this book. So many things were wrong with it!

*goes off into rant mode*

Firstly, why on earth tell a love story from the point of view of the maid? Did she just happen to know everything about their love life? Isn’t that weird? And also, why did the author reuse the names! I was so confused by the first Catherine, the second one and don’t get me started on the other names that were repeated… so confusing. Lastly, I felt like the romance issue wasn’t an issue but that she made it out to be one! Couldn’t she have simply been like, oh, we come from different backgrounds but I don’t care and then be done with it all? If she decided she didn’t want him, then it’s her problem and she should deal with it. That girl really wasn’t one to go against conformity…

In a perfect world, what mistake would authors avoid?

There would be no such thing as insta love. Please. No more.


What book character can you most relate to and why?

I think it would be Summer from Summer’s Dream by Cathy Cassidy. Summer is a perfectionist, and really wants to be the best at everything she does. Which is why she sometimes puts herself under unnecessary amounts of pressure and says yes to doing everything. I can be like that a bit too!

What are your favorite and least favorite genres?

Favourite genre would have to be YA and fantasy, seeing as it is what I read the most of. Least favourite would be non-fiction. Mostly I find it boring, but I have been reading more biographies and actually liking them lately, so...

What is your favorite part of blogging?

I love everything about blogging! But my favourite would be putting my own posts out there because I really feel like this blog is my piece of internet and I can do whatever I want with it! What falls under that is going to see what other people call their pieces of internet and reading it too.



Do you prefer a female or male POV?

I don’t mind really, as long as the story is written well!

What's your biggest book-related pet peeve?

I wouldn’t say it was my biggest, but one thing I have noticed is that I really don’t like it when the font is horrible. It’s really off putting and seems mean to my eyes!

That’s all! Here are my eleven questions (yes, I stole some)

1.      Do you prefer a male or female character POV?
2.      What is your favourite and least favourite thing about blogging?
3.      If there was one author you could meet, who would it be?
4.      How do you choose what you are going to read next?
5.      What is one thing you can’t stand in a romance?
6.      What’s your favourite song?
7.      Which blogger would you consider to be your closest friend?
8.      Why did you start blogging?
9.      What is your favourite social media site to use?
10.   Which country/fictional world would you visit if you could?
11.   Which book would you like to toss into the flames?

I nominate:

Stephanie @ Bookfever
Amber @ Du Livre

Olivia’s Question: Which book would you like to toss into the flames?


Olivia-Savannah x

28 comments:

  1. I don't like bad fonts either, they make it really had for me to read the book. Yup, insta love needs to go!!!! I've never read Wuthering Heights, I kind of avoid the classics if I am being completely honest. I'd toss Allegiant in the flames, that book was awful from beginning to end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when there is a brilliant font! I've come to be able to appreciate love triangles, but not insta love at all >.>

      Delete
  2. Great answers. I love blogging too, but every now and again, I feel pressured by it. That's when I have to slow down and put things in perspective. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Because even though we do love blogging, we have to remember it isn't supposed to be a job but fun ^^

      Delete
  3. Congrats on another nomination! I'll be repeating what's already been said but you and your amazing blog deserve every one <3
    Also I must say that I agree with you completely about Wuthering Heights - that damn book was torture to read. At school we spent weeks and weeks picking it apart for an exam and while I don't condone burning books, I already have a bonfire ready with it's name on it ahah. Insta-love can go right on top as well!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Anna! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to read it for class. I read it for fun and would think that breaking it down like that when you already dislike it must be horrid >.>

      Delete
  4. Ooh, it may take me a min to actually do this one. Great Q&A! Have you read any more of Sharon Draper's books? I've not read Out of My Mind yet, but I have it on my shelf. I have a lot of her books on my shelf that I need to read!

    A book I'd like to toss? No offense to all who love this book/series, but Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl is a hot mess. I just did not like that book at all, so I didn't stick around to read the others. The movie is even more of a mess. Just no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really read Out of My Mind! I can't wait to see what you will think of it. I haven't read any more of her books - but that is a yet! I hope I will at some point and very soon as well. I read the first book and it was only okay. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. It was okay...

      Delete
  5. Great to learn more about the bookish you, Olivia-Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. [ Smiles ] Congratulations on all of those people who were nominated.

    I am so happy that I wasn't chosen, because I am not into awards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some blogs are for it and others aren't! But I will bear this in mind for the future ^^

      Delete
  7. Wuthering Heights wasn't the worst book I've ever read, but it definitely had some characters that made me want to smh. Linton in particular... Like, if he hadn't died by the end of the book, I would have gone in there and strangled him myself. Also, I have to agree... insta-love is not a thing. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty frustrating book for me to read and I always marvel at how I didn't DNF it but actually finished it! DD:

      Delete
  8. Thanks for nominating me! ^_^ Will do this as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing your answers :D

      Delete
  9. Oh how I hate non-fiction too! Partly because I need to be hooked by at least the first chapter otherwise I'll give up reading the book altogether. As for which book I'd throw into the flames, my choice has to be Fade by Lisa McMann. I'd throw the first book in that series in as well but I liked it just a tad bit better. Awesome post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. It usually just doesn't interest me enough to want to keep reading. I haven't heard of that series before!

      Delete
  10. Ughhhh Wuthering Heights is a book has always been the book that could rile me up faster than you can say boo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. INSTA-LOVE SHOULDN'T EXIST IN THIS WORLD. PERIOD. The main problem is that because it works in one book, then all authors decide to incorporate it into their stories and no, just no! I sometimes feel like they do so in order to avoid developing a relationship. If you do insta-love, then.... that part is done with. Both characters are in love and there is no need for dates and bla bla bla, you know? I hate it so much it hurts me!
    And I do understand why you disliked Wuthering Heights, but besides the narrator (which I agree was weird) and the reusing of names, I pretty much enjoyed how twisted the whole story is :)
    And I would toss the entire Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy into the flames. I would toss all editions of those books without remorse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Insta love has me turning away from a book faster than anything else. I haven't read or even tried Fifty Shades of Grey but I have heard so many bad things about the writing style. xD

      Delete
  12. 20 minutes to write a review?! Girl, you are speedy! As for Wuthering Heights, I was going to read that a while back, but never got around to it. I was hoping it would be a good one! I'll probably still read it just to see what goes down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should still try it because I know a lot of people who do love the romance :3

      Delete
  13. LOL, LOVE that review of Wuthering Heights. So many good questions there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Kite Runner is definitely that type of book. Brilliant, but awful. I couldn't get it out of my head for ages afterward either.

    LOL! I can't stand Wuthering Heights either! I had to read it for uni and I was stunned that it's a classic. Its such poor quality =( Another fantasy fan, WHOOP. =] I must say, I am slowly drifting away from YA. Too many disappointments. Those were good questions. I've done the Liebster Award and read posts on it several dozen times, and the questions always seems to be uniquely interesting. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean. Those two words are the best way to describe it!

    I am glad I'm not alone with my dislike there. I thought that was an unpopular opinion of mine but it seems like more people agree with me than I thought xD

    ReplyDelete