Thursday, 21 April 2016

Nails Extravaganza ~ The Beauty and the Beast

Hey everyone!

Nails Extravaganza is a nail art post I do here on Olivia's Catastrophe because I love nail art just as much as books! Today's mani was one I actually made by accident.


At first I wanted to do a design which included lines and colours and a fan brush - I had it all pictured in my head and it was going to be wonderful. However, it appears I have yet to master the fan brush technique because it turned out horrible. Absolutely horrible! It's rare that I start a design and remove the whole thing. But I did because I couldn't stand my nails looking like that and it made me so sad. 


I was pretty demotivated for me to have messed up so much and I wasn't in the mood to try again. But then I decided I would give it a shot and do something simple, or whatever I felt like doing. I decided that in contrast to the dark blue I used before I would go for something light yellow and more spring like. Then after that, I decided I wanted a rose. 


I had heard of the technique of using a black sharpie to draw intricate designs on nails. I wanted to try it, despite not having a sharpie. I have thick pens for when I bother to draw manga though, so I used that instead. I drew my rose on, coloured it in and then realised that if I added yellow polka dots this would look a lot like a Beauty and the Beast design. 
Because I love Disney so much, of course I had to do it. Tada! So here's the pictures (as you've seen throughout this post). I also have a tutorial. Enjoy!


The Tutorial!



Olivia's Question: Favourite Disney movie?

Olivia-Savannah x

26 comments:

  1. Your nails are so cute! I wish I could do stuff like this but I lack all kind of artistic skill, especially on something as small as nails! This is a real talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is painstaking work. Well done, you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tutorial. Easy to follow. :) Seems I've heard a lot about Beauty and the Beast lately.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you really? I think I need more Beauty and the Beast in my life...

      Delete
  4. I was checking my email on break, saw this, and was gonna wait until I got off to check it out. But then you had me at Beauty and the Beast. I love B&B, but my favorite Disney movie will always be The Lion King. I love this yellow you have going on to match Belle's dress. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lion King is definitely one of my favourites as well! I'm trying to think of how I could possibly do that one in a nail art design as well...

      Delete
  5. Those roses must have taken time to get so right! I love how small yet how detailed they seem. And the yellow white polka dots is a nice touch.
    Tangled and Mulan definitely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be! But it was a litle tricky. Tangled is HILARIOUS. And I love the message of Mulan :3

      Delete
  6. I LOVE how these turned out! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really look up to your nail art posts so hearing this from you makes me so happy :D

      Delete
  7. I LOVE your nails! And the flowers does give it a nice extra touch! <3 They're so pretty! Too bad I'm such a fail at painting my nails and always end up with the paint all over my fingers... ugh.. Thanks for sharing these pretty pictures with us! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should hop over to wherever you are and paint them for you sometime ;)

      Delete
  8. I LOVE THEM!! I think you might already know that I'm obsessed with Beauty and the Beast, ahem. Your nails look really beautiful, I love the little roses :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe that I do! So I'm extra happy that you approved of these :D

      Delete
  9. It does look like Beauty and the Beast! I think you must have a ton of patience to be able to do the designs on both hands. Very pretty and unique!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe well actually, in this design I didn't do it on my left hand! I missed out the roses because I was feeling lazy xD

      Delete