Saturday, 2 April 2016

Olivia Snaps ~ #CurrentlyReading

Hello Everyone! Hope you're enjoying your start to April :)

Olivia Snaps is a meme here on Olivia's Catastrophe where I share some of my photography with you all. 


My question to you is, have you ever bought a product and simply fallen in love with it? Because I have. I bought the Currently Reading Tribal Print mug from Evie Bookish's Society6 store. After that, it was almost like I had fallen in love. I have an instagram account where I post bookish photos... and I think my followers might be a little annoyed about how much I feature this mug.


What some people might find incredibly funny, is that I don't even use it for its purpose. I have a lot of mugs - more like a collection than anything else. So this is one of those that has gone onto my shelf and I use for decoration. I might drink from it someday, but then again, I might not. 


I'm trying to think of what it is about it that I like so much. I think it's the colours. The purple and the blue tones and how it is so incredibly well made. Honestly, I was impressed by the quality when I received it. One of my favourite mugs now for sure. 
As for the theme of currently reading... I am actually only reading two books at the moment. Usually it's something more like 5 or 4. I'm reading The Wrath and the Dawn which I have been reading for quite a while, and also Death Wish by Megan Tayte. Both of the books are pretty good so far!
The only worrying thing is how long I have been reading The Wrath and the Dawn for. It's not that I don't like it - but I read a few pages and then don't pick it up for a whole week. But when I do pick it up, I like it a lot. So why am I taking so long dallying before I get back to it each and every time? I'm not sure... despite how hard I am thinking about this. 


Another book which I don't truly count as currently reading is The Zig Zag Girl by Elly Griffiths. I started this one in JANUARY. I think I have picked it up about three times since then, read a bit of it, and then put it back down. It's just not getting good yet, but for some reason I don't feel like I have read enough of it to DNF it and say I have given it a fair chance. Which is why it keeps turning up on my TBR for the month. But I never really get around to it >>
Olivia's Question: Have you ever fallen in love with a product? What are you currently reading?

 Olivia-Savannah x

34 comments:

  1. Hi, Olivia - Well, I like the mug. It goes well with the books in your pictures. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Olivia, I am relieved. On this side of the pond, 'snap' also refers to someone *ahem* not acting in their usual manner, shall we say. ;)

    Once on a break from work, I walked through a local mall, and in a department store I heard a piece of classical music that I loved so much, I went straight to their music department and bought the record. (Yes, that long ago that LP's were still the latest thing.) *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I\m glad it isn't the meaning you were thinking of - and I hope it never will be! I love me some classical music. That piece must have been especially lovely if you know you just had to have it after hearing it :)

      Delete
  3. Totally understandable about the mug.I'd take lots of pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice pics - v colour co-ordinated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a mug from an art museum I went to a couple of years ago and I fell in love with it! It stayed on my bookshelf for a good while too before I finally used it for its purpose ;) It has a picture of a pipe with the quote 'This is not a pipe' so I just had to own it! Book reference AND one of my favorite artists ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe maybe I will use it for its purpose in the future at some point as well. Ooh, I love it when there are book references on mugs <3 It sounds like an epic one!

      Delete
  6. I have a lot of mugs I don't use for their purpose - mugs are great as pencil holders and paint brush holders in my opinion. Loving the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen that on your instagram! And I would have to agree, they do so :3

      Delete
  7. [ Smiles ] Hmm. Interesting. A mug with the hashtag, "Currently reading."

    It is nice to know that you are a staunch book-lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe it kind of bleeds into everything I do xD

      Delete
  8. It is a pretty mug! I love certain mugs too and I have quite a growing collection of favorites. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I do hope I eventually have enough for it to grow into collection as well :D

      Delete
  9. Well, that is a very cool mug- I would take pictures of it and post them everywhere as well! I too fall in love with all my new stuff which are mugs more often than not :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know <3 I should really stop doing it though, otherwise I might eventually bother some people ahaha :3

      Delete
  10. Love the mug and the arrangements. happy reading and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for stopping by Brandi :D

      Delete
  11. I have a go-to mug I used on the weekends that I indulge in coffee and a special one that I barely used. It's nothing bookish, but more Queen Bey inspired. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Queen Bey is the best! I need something fangirl Queen Bey-ish O.o

      Delete
  12. Is this mug from Evie's shop? I remember seeing it around but I forget which shop! I love all these photos, they're so bright and say "spring" to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from her shop! I link it in the post ;) Ooh, I'm glad spring is coming <3

      Delete
  13. I love this mug, and I love seeing all the pictures you take with it. I'm obsessed with totes, and I have many of them. Mostly they are Twilight or Marvel Comics inspired, but I have a few from Aeropostale and other brands. There's a neon orange one that I like to take with me on trips to Florida a lot. I store my ipod, kindle, and books in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totes are also a good obsession to have! I wish I had some Marvel ones as well. That's pretty cool and handy for carrying those kind of things around while traveling - especially because they're so lightweight.

      Delete
  14. Oh I definitely have! Right now I'm thinking of particular bookmarks I've worn down/tattered from so much use - others I have on display because they're too nice to use and possible lose XD (also I can't blame you for becoming obsessed, the mug is glorious and the photos all turned out amazing <3)
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Anna <3 ^.^ I love how you have a mix of bookmarks - the treasured ones and the overused and comfortably scruffy!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. You definitely should go ahead and grab one! It's epic :3

      Delete
  16. It IS a very pretty mug! I think my favorite is the picture with the colored pencils around the mug. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole :) Glad you like that one!

      Delete
  17. Haha, clearly a precious mug! As mentioned above, my favourite shot is the one with the pencil crayons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a popular choice! Glad you like them :3

      Delete