Thursday, 28 April 2016

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade

Hey Everyone!

I hope all is well with you. I've come to give a bit of an apology. I've been on holiday for the past week and yet I have posted nothing... simply because I just haven't felt in the mood to blog. Or read. I have review copies that I should have read and written reviews of by now, but my biggest issue is that I just have 0 motivation. 

So instead of heaping another review onto the blog, I've decided to get off of my lazy demotivated bum and actually post something. And it's something that has been dwelling on my mind a little with the release of Beyonce's surprise album called Lemonade.


You're gonna need a little background information before I can get to the point. I promise I won't go off on a fangirling tangent though! If you know me, you'll know I am crazy about Beyonce. Well, recently she was cheated on by her husband, Jay-Z, and this visual album is all about the thoughts and feelings that come with that. She discusses loving him, hating him and all the emotions that come between as well. Another theme that runs through the album is the race issue which involves modern day discrimination as well.

Why this brought about this blog post was because I was thinking about the things life gives us, and I came to the conclusion that life gives you one thing, and one thing alone and you get to choose what you end up doing with it. 


When we are born, we are always born into a family. We have a mother (everyone does!) and that mother will either raise you and love you, or she will give you away. And no matter where you go and how many horrible people you encounter in your life, I strongly believe that you will always run into at least one person somewhere in your childhood who will love you for you. Maybe you'll be lucky and run into multiple people, or maybe you'll just have the one person. It could be a teacher, a best friend, a family member... anyone. 

Because if life gives you something, it gives you love. 

Some people take this love and turn it into black hate. 
Some people take this love and let it blossom and share it with others.
Some people are at loss as to what they need to do with it. 

There are so many things going on in the world today, that can make you angry, that can make you bone-weary tired and fed up. But in whatever you do, and to whoever it involves, always remember that from all the emotions, love is the strongest. 


When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Choose love ^.^

(I'm going to be blogging a whole lot more next week. Just you wait and see ^.^)

Olivia's Question: What is one thing that makes you upset? And what is one thing that makes you happier than your previous answer?

Olivia-Savannah x

36 comments:

  1. You're exactly right, Olivia. People can make plans but somehow life has a way of changing some of those plans. I guess we should all have a 'plan B'. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's good to have a plan B just in case, so that when things go off track you don't feel entirely at loss!

      Delete
  2. [ Chuckles ] It is nice to have you back out, Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully there will be many more posts soon! I have a lot of catching up to do :D

      Delete
  3. Literally listening to this while I'm writing this comment. All hail, Queen Bey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love her music <3 Another great album!

      Delete
  4. I am not in a blogging mood either, but that's okay! I can't wait to find some time to finally check out Lemonade. And I loved this post! Also, I don't think it's just the childhood... no matter how alone you feel, there's always going to be a person to love you just for who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree actually. In life as a whole, there will always be someone for you.

      Delete
  5. I am admittedly not a big Beyonce fan but Lemonade gave me life! I loved the overall story and message.

    I haven't been in a blogging mood all week. I'm probably gonna force myself today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you were able to enjoy this album! I need to get back into forcing myself, because once I do I know I will fall in love with doing it again :D

      Delete
  6. I choose love.
    This is one powerful post, Olivia. Caught me by surprise as I was expecting a YA review. Beautiful surprise though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is something different from what I usually post, but I want to do things like this a bit more often from time to time.

      Delete
  7. I love the question you asked at the end. Things will make us upset, but we need to look at the things that make us happier than what made us upset. I am glad you took a break that obviously needed. It is good to recharge our batteries sometimes. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's important to always look to the better, especially when it comes to anger. Otherwise it has the power to consume us...

      Delete
  8. I really love Lemonade. I think I've watched it 4 times now. One thing that makes me upset: hatred. I do not like the world we live in, and I wish that everyone would look out for each other. If we did, there would be no homeless people, upper and lower classes, etc.. Books make me happier because I can lose myself inside them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a brilliant album and so well constructed visually too. If everyone looked out for each other this world would be such a beautiful place. I'm glad books can do that for you <3

      Delete
  9. I wish I watched Lemonade. So sad though. Poor Beyoncé.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get the chance to at some point.

      Delete
  10. lonliness, happy surprises from friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And one is the cure for the other <3

      Delete
  11. Hmmm...I can only choose one? My life is centered around my family. They can make me happy and sad, but, more so happy. On a more tangible choice, sweets make me really happy. And, a broken nail makes me cry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I would agree! Family can be frustrating, exhilarating, funny, sad but altogether the best thing that happened to me <3 I hate broken nails! And treats are lovely :)

      Delete
  12. I seriously live under a rock when it comes to things like this, I didn't know he cheated on her! :/ That's awful. I'm really curious about this album now, I'll make sure to listen to it, since it sounds amazing.

    Hmm what makes me really upset is how people behave in my country, we're going through very tough times and they don't make it any better, there's a big bunch of disrespectful people over here. The majority I would say. Although I'm actually leaving very soon!

    And what makes me happy... Well, I do have a great family who loves me. I'm gonna miss them a lot when I leave, I wish I could take them with me in my pocket and care for them somehow lol.

    Great post, Olivia! Reading beautiful things like this always makes my day :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Carla, I'm usually the last one to hear news like this too! I hope you enjoy the album. It's so sad to hear about the tough times you country is going through at the moment. And when you do move, I hope you'll enjoy wherever you are going to. Family are just lovely ^.^

      Delete
  13. This post was beautiful Olivia and I agree absolutely with all the things you said here! I hope you have a great month of May :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soudha! I'm trying to make it a better month for myself.

      Delete
  14. Great post. I feel like I've been making a lot of lemonade this past year. Or trying. I guess one of the things I've found is that along with every horrible thing that happens, there will also be glimmers of light if I choose to see them - people who are supportive and wonderful, a deeper appreciation for the things that are right in my life, and a much greater sense of empathy for what others might be going through.

    Hope May brings you lots of light and love!

    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making lemonade is not as easy as some people make it seem. But good on your for pushing through and continously trying. Those people who are helpful to you and your glimmer of lights... keep looking to them <3 Hope things get easier for you soon, Jen <3

      Delete
  15. Well here's some love for you! XD *sends love, smiles* <3 <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post Olivia!
    Sometimes we just need a break from it all and that's okay.

    I like your positive attitude and agree that we should all chose love. Everything is better with love :)

    When I get lemons, I don't make lemonade (too much sugar) but make lemon chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I didn't realise how much I truly needed one. Yes, love is good <3 And so is lemon chicken! Ahaha, be unique ;)

      Delete
  17. Aw, I love your posts! I always stumble across them when I need a pick-me-up, and they never fail to do just that! This is an extremely important message that we all tell ourselves at one point or another, and it appears fairly prominent in literature as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they manage to help you a lot <3 And yes, I think this is a message that literature manages to bring across pretty well too.

      Delete