Thursday, 14 July 2016

The Grisha Photo Challenge [Fantasy Favourites Read-a-thon]

Hello everyone! 

I'm back again today with the photo challenge for the Grisha series! You know how much I love taking picture of books which you can see from my instagram... so of course I wanted to try and take photos that have to do with the Grisha books as well!

Show us all your Grisha books!



Seems like we're starting off easy in this challenge. Don't you think the Grisha spines are gorgeous?
You’re on the hunt with Mal for the stag. What do you pack?
It's time for a fandom crossover! Now, this is a photo I took with equipment from the Percy Jackson series, and if we could combine these two books it would be epic. I would take the winged converse shoes from Percy Jackson because I definitely won't be running after a stag... I'll just wing it. That way, I can cover a lot of ground much faster! I'll also have pens and paper, because I'm going to want to write letters to people if I am gone for a long time. Also, the pen is stronger than the sword (I don't really have access to any kind of weapon I could photograph.)

You’ve just arrived at the Grisha palace. What’s in the first room you want to go to?

The library of course! When Alina was describing it in the book I fell in love with the room and wished I was there myself. Of course it would be my first room of choice to enter!

You’re a mapmaker with Alina. Show us your artist utensils or books with maps in them!

I'm not really much of an artist so I'm going to show you the map in my Spiderwick book. Honestly, Spiderwick contains my favourite drawings.
The Darkling’s colours - Show us some black books.
My black book collection for you all :) Black is one of my favourite colours, combined with white.
Are you an Etherealki, a Corporalki or a Materialki? Choose one and show us what you work with.

I would be Etherealki! And I would be a Squaller, so here is me using my air pressure powers to raise The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski!
Feature the book with a favourite quote from the book as well!
I may not have included the quote in the picture but in this one The Darkling says. "Fine, make me you villain." It's probably the most well known and stereotypical quote for this series but I STILL LOVE IT ANYWAY.
Link up your own as well!
Olivia's Question: What is your ideal fandom crossover?
Olivia-Savannah x

24 comments:

  1. Great shots, Olivia! I love how you incorporated Percy Jackson into the challenge -- those winged sneakers are awesome :D

    It's also my favourite quote. It's just REALLY GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, we always need our fandom crossovers as well.

      Gotta love it <3

      Delete
  2. Love this post, Olivia. We seem to be on the same wavelength today with our posts. Though, I was too lazy to put any words on mine. Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But a photo speaks more than a thousand words <3

      Delete
  3. Great pics! I love those winged Converse. Fandom crossover? Now that I'm caught up on the Shades of Magic series, I'd say combining Six of Crows with it. I can see Kell, Lila, Kaz and Inej doing some damage. It'd be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like it would make an epic crossover ;) We all needed winged converse in our lives :3

      Delete
  4. I love your creativity with you pics, especially your air pressure powers to raise The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. Didn't know you were a wizard in another life. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one took the most effort. I love my magic :D

      Delete
  5. Lovely pics Olivia! and I kinda love the colour of the UK edition of Shadow and Bone although it doesn't match the other two in the colour scheme but I think it's gorgeous ^^
    and for my crossover would have to be Harry Potter and Percy Jackson; I don't know how that would work but I would love to see it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't really, but I think it's still a nice colour. I have seen that book in quite a few colours now! Oh wow, HP and Percy Jackson would certainly be different but I think it could be cool! Especially as they both have such solid and amazing friendship groups.

      Delete
  6. Great pics! I bought books two and three of Grisha this week as Amazon had them for 99p, it would have been rude not too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Gotta take advantage of them sales :D Hope you love them!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! One of my goals is to take more book pictures and work on my Instagram, which currently is kind of crappy. But this summer has been really crazy. Hoping things settle down a bit and thanks for giving me inspiration!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can bring your instagram up to the par you want it to be! Maybe when things settle a little :3

      Delete
  8. Wonderful shots! Mine never turn out half as good, lol. I'm looking forward to more of them :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always more on my instagram :D I love taking photos of books and I'm sure yours do too! :D

      Delete
  9. Those pictures are awesome! I haven't this trilogy yet but those covers are gorgeous !
    As for fandom crossover I honestly have no idea x) I think I should read more series hehe ^^
    Anywasys, lovely post <3

    @ "Book Addict"


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have beautiful covers and chapter headers as well!

      Delete