Saturday, 29 October 2016

Let's Zoom Back in Time...

Hi guys!

So... let's pretend I haven't been a very bad blogger for a long time and sorta disappeared off the side of the earth. Let's just zoom all the way back to September (I know! Pretty much a whole month ago) and tie up some loose ends with an impromptu semi-wrap up post :D

September was a pretty normal month for me. I wanted to cry when I had to go back to school because I had really loved my summer holiday and wanted it to last forever. I did things like make apple crumble and lemon pie on the weekends to cheer myself up. I was very busy with schoolwork... 

Basketball season started. We have training twice a week and a game every weekend now, so a lot of my time goes to that. In September, we didn't win a single game. But we're getting better every time, so that's what matters most right?


I also worked on my university applications and sent them all off. Now I just have to wait with fingers crossed and pray some universities accept me!

I managed to do a workout about 6 times a week as well, which was something I wanted to keep time for even though I started school again. My yoga is going well and I managed to semi master the headstand. I just need to keep my legs together now :D




In September I read my usual six books. Some of those I have reviewed like Haven, Forget Me Not, My Sweet Vidalia and A Shadow Bright and Burning. I also reviewed the fourth one, My Grandmother Asked me To Tell You She's Sorry on my channel. 

The other was Fireworks by Angela Carter, which I read on recommendation of my older sister. It was a really nice short story collection and the writing was absolutely beautiful. 




The Dead Man by Nora Gold
One by Sarah Crossan 
The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jaqueline Woodson 
Like Water on Stone by Dana Walrath




Thanks for zooming back in time with me for a bit there!

Olivia's Question: What's something you often procrastinate doing?

Olivia-Savannah x

24 comments:

  1. Good luck with your college applications and I hope your basketball team wins a few games. It's good that your team have made progress. I'm currently running a choir and none of the children's voices are good. However, they keep getting a little better every week. Something I often procastinate doing is making my lunch for the week. I buy a loaf of bread and make a lot of sandwiches to freeze. I keep putting it off sometimes to the point where I have to throw out the ham and bread because it's gone bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carlyn! I hope so as well, and progress is always good. Hope the choir continues to be so much fun and it must be so satisfying for you to see your work paying off little by little. Oh no :( I try to make my lunches the night before but sometimes I procrastinate and end up doing it haphazardly in the mornings...

      Delete
  2. Sending good college karma! I started at a big public university in Utah...where 90% of the locals went. I ended at a smaller private college. Both have their strong points and the other bit as well. You'll do GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe thank you! I'll be needing it. It's interesting that you went to two different types... and I am sure they each did have their appeal! I guess there is no telling where I may end up, yet :3

      Delete
  3. It's all good, Olivia. You're a busy student and no one can fault you for having priorities (the right ones, if I may add). Good luck with your college applications. You are an amazing student and person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. I'm trying to balance blogging and schoolwork, but it's all so touch and go this year. I'll just go with the flow and do what I can. Because this is still what I love and well, when I have free time this is what I end up doing :)

      Delete
  4. Apple crumble cheers me up too :) pretty much any sweet does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm now interested to read Fireworks, thank you. The only Angela Carter I've read is Wise Children which was brilliant so I should search out more of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you could enjoy the other Angela Carter novel you've read. I want to try more of her works myself too. I hope you enjoy Fireworks :3

      Delete
  6. I'm sure the universities will accept you! I'm quite nervous about sending out my own applications so I know how you feel on some level XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do hope so! Nerves are definitely happening right now >>

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the uni applications! I'm sure you'll get in somewhere cool, but don't panic if you don't, Liv, it's not the end of the world (but dude, you'll totally get in!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot more students need to notice there are more options and it isn't the end of the world! Just gotta keep calm ;)

      Delete
  8. Planning for university is stressful but it looks like you're killing it! Good luck to your basketball team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going back to school can really suck sometimes >_<
    Good luck with your university applications! I'm sure you'll do great :D And wow your headstand is amazing! I always struggle with that when doing yoga! :P

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I love holidays and all that I end up doing in them way too much :3 Keep trying it and I'm sure you'll get there too Carla! <3

      Delete
  10. I hope you're doing well in school and stay focused. I'm struggling to get back to everything, but I will get there. Ugh, I procrastinate on servicing my car. If it weren't for my boyfriend, it would probably need a new motor or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep working hard at it. Although I never want to give up blogging for work's sake as well. It's all about balance. I hope you can get there girl <3 Good thing you have your boyfriend to keep things with the car in check :D

      Delete
  11. Back to school time is very busy! As my posts have been mentioning every week I think! :-) I was doing so well on my exercise in September, then I went out of town and it all flew out the window. That is an awesome headstand! One of the teachers in my school was talking about doing one of those the other day. I don't think I've ever been able to do that without being up against a wall for balance. Good luck with your college applications, I don't miss that at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always is! It's hard to keep up exercise while on holiday, and yes, being gone for a while really does affect it as well! I spent a long time against a wall to aid me in doing it before I even felt confident enough to try without one. Thank you <3

      Delete