Friday, 18 November 2016

Happy Socks Make Me Happy [Appreciation Post]

Hi guys! Hope you're all having a great day :3

Today I wanted to tell you about something I've never talked about here on the blog before - my favourite brand of socks. :D And to do this... I am going to tell you a story. 

Once upon a time there was a young girl called Olivia. She had to wear socks when she went to school inside of her trainers and Converse. She also loved wearing dresses and she just hated wearing tights as well. But her mother insisted. So she wore them. Even though she detested it. 

Finally, she became a teenager who was old enough to choose her own clothes when she went to school and out and about. Do you think she chose to wore socks? No! She wouldn't, but then she realised how quickly her shoes started to smell, and then she knew she would have to. She tried to wear flats and ballet shoes whenever she could, even though her feet went cold. But her mother started to threaten that she wouldn't get to choose her clothes anymore. 



So she relented. She would wear socks, as long as they were plain ankle socks and nothing else. Even in winter, she dutifully stuck to her ankle socks. Better to be cold and uncomfortable that way then with itchy socks and um... still uncomfortable?

Eventually, she discovered Happy Socks as she bought a good friend her birthday present. This friend loved socks, and even though she didn't understand it, she got her these lovely socks which reminded Olivia of sunsets. In fact, Olivia even loved the design of the socks and wanted some herself. But she thought those are going to be too uncomfortable. No way I should bother buying them if I won't wear them. 

Then she discovered this hashtag that happened on bookstagram every Sunday. It goes like this: #socksunday. And all the bookstagrammers post pictures of their books with socks. Olivia wanted to do the same, but she had nothing but those ankle socks to wear... and they weren't aesthetically pleasing enough for her to include in her photos. So she decided to go ahead and indulge herself in a pair of socks she wouldn't wear for anything except the photos. 



Olivia bought the sunset socks. She was incredibly happy. At home, she slipped them on for a picture and then realised...

THEY WERE SO COMFORTABLE. 

Now, when it's cold outside, Olivia slips on her Happy Socks and she is happy and warm and she feels completely comfortable. They're nothing like any of other socks she wears. They're even more comfortable than her plain old ankle socks. 



Olivia sees more Happy Socks in her future ^.^


THE END

Thanks so much for reading this little story! Maybe there will be more in the future. I haven't decided about that yet, but let me know if you would like more posts in this story telling kind of form!

Olivia's Question: What do you think of socks? Do you have a favourite pair/brand/type of socks?

Olivia-Savannah x

15 comments:

  1. I am a flip flop girl, so not much of a sock girl, but those are cute and like how you themed with your books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that makes a lot of sense. But thank you c:

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute post! I'm glad you found socks that make you happy!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I only like socks during fall and winter, but I hate to wear them during warm months. I'm obsessed with my Vans and ballet flats! Right now, I'm enjoying my heeled boots that I wear to work, but as soon as I get home and comfortable, I put on socks. Like you, I love the #socksunday hash tag on bookstagram. I just bought 5 new pairs of socks yesterday when I went shopping. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear them much during the warm months either, which is good. And yas, Vans are amazing! Wow, 5 new pairs! You gonna be owning the sock game ;)

      Delete
  4. Love seeing IG posts on Sock Sundays. I wish I have the guts to post one for myself. Lol. Love how colourful this pair is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out sometime, Joy! Go for it :D

      Delete
  5. How cute, Olivia! I love this story. Winter gets to be very cold here, so I'm always wearing socks. I love wool socks b/c they are super warm and they are antimicrobial. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, then socks will be completely necessary! Wool socks must be so comfy ;)

      Delete
  6. Hahaha love that story, it is so cute!! I actually love socks, I have a couple of friends who used to say that the love most women have for shoes, I have for socks. Seriously, I have no place for new socks now...
    Enjoy your new socks!! They're adorable :D

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete