Wednesday, 14 December 2016

My Hoarding Catastrophe ~ Book Fair

Helloooo lovelies!

My Hoarding Catastrophe is my version of my monthly book haul here on Olivia's Catastrophe. So let's look at what books I hauled in over November!


Physical books/things: Most of this haul is physical this time, so let's start with taking this one by one?


This is my haul of wonderful new planner stickers from Chantilly & Co! I rep for them on my instagram, and have posted about them on my blog before. I cannot wait to start using these in my planner!


I also happened to win an instagram giveaway, from mybookbath on instagram! I won these two brilliant bookmarks, a curiouser & curiouser necklace, as well as a Reader's Gonna Read tote bag! I love it all ^.^


Next up, we have the books which came to me at the beginning of the month. 

The Last of the Firedraks by Farah Oomberhoy (For Review)
Red Death by Jeff Altabef (For Review)
Land of the Afternoon Sun by Barbara Wood (For Review)
A Star Reckoner's Lot by Darrell Drake (For Review)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas (Giveaway Win @ YA Romantics)


And if that wasn't enough... I also received some more books and went to a book fair. Which meant I spent some money on these ones as well... 

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon 
The Selected Works of Virginia Woolf by (... you guessed it!) Virginia Woolf
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens 
The Silent Songbird by Melanie Dickerson (For Review)
The Ugly by Alexander Boldizar (For Review)
The Song for Achilles by Madeline Miller
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell 
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens 
Bull by George Elliot (Giveaway Win @ HMH Books)
Action Men and Silly Putty by Susan J. Clark (For Review)

For Review: I think this ebook section is the smallest it has been... EVER. Does that mean I am finally gaining some control of myself?




The Tunnel - Helene Louard 
Trapped in Silver - Emily Snowden 
Sugar - Kimberly Stuart 
Alchemists of Loom - Elise Kova
Honeymoon at Hilton - Stephen B. Cooper 
The Inexplicable Logic of my Life - Benjamin Alire Saenz
More Than The Madness - John Kaniecki 
Small Admissions - Amy Poeppel

And those are all the books I have recently received!

New Video! A book review of The Tunnel by Helene Louard!


Olivia's Question: What new books have you bought/acquired lately?

Olivia-Savannah x

24 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite the haul! I recently went to a book fair as well and got No and Me, Changing Heart, The Haters, and a few others ^__^ Which book fair was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Boekenfestijn! Did you go as well?

      Delete
  2. Did you go to Boekenfestijn? Some books look familiar from there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I hope you like Carry On. I love that book. Also, I’m envious that you have The Inexplicable Logic of my Life. I need to read that one. Enjoy your haul!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aj! I will try and enjoy all of these books soon :3

      Delete
  4. Ooh I love the idea of book fairs! I've only ever been to one in my lifetime and I wish there were more! Looks like you got some pretty awesome books there! I'm excited to see your review for 'The Inexplicable Logic Of My Life', it sounds entertaining :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to go to more in your future. I'm really looking forward to reading that one ^^

      Delete
  5. I am impressive with your photography skills :) Love all the pictures!
    How on earth are are you affording all the books being a student and all? Aside from that it's nice to see you reading a diverse selection. I am looking forward to seeing your review of Susan's Action Men and Silly Putty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Dinh! I love taking pictures of books, most of all :3 Well, I still live my parents as I'm in high school so I don't really have student related costs, and I have two jobs so that's how I make money! I will be reviewing it soon <3

      Delete
  6. Ermahgosh Song of Achilles will rip your heart out and hand it to you! I love that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I enjoyed reading your review of that one! I am so prepared for reading it now :D

      Delete
  7. Book fairs are a fun event! You have a very nice haul, and I love the colour of your blog background. Green is my favourite colour, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Linda! I really like green and orange most of all :)

      Delete
  8. I look forward to your review of The Alchemists of Loom. I recently finished it and I ended up liking it more than I expected. Elise Kova writes brutal characters. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it quite a lot! She definitely does ;)

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, Olivia, what a beautiful haul!! I love the stickers you got for your planner - I love putting stickers both in my planner and in my review journal :D It just makes everything look more festive!
    And your new books look fantastic as well.
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stickers are my all! I love how pretty it makes it look, and how much it helps with organisation as well. Thanks for stopping by, Lexxie <3

      Delete
  10. Awesome haul Olivia. I love the Readers Gonna Read tote! Book fairs are fun and oh so dangerous..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tote makes me so happy. Ahahaha yes, fun but perilous to the TBR size...

      Delete
  11. You won't be running out of books to read and review anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu have got some awesome books there! And book fairs are so dangerous. Jealous of some of those for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dangerous is the best word for describing them ^.^

      Delete