Sunday, 26 February 2017

Banana Bread is my Best Friend

Good day :3

So today I am sharing the recipe for the banana bread I have been making like crazy. If you know me, you know I like to have fun making things in the kitchen, but I am not creative when it comes to cooking and baking. Which means I need to follow a recipe in most cases. So actually, I am sharing a recipe which I found online. But when it comes to online recipes, sometimes they sound so good when you read through them, but they simply don't work out when you make them. I've decided to make a bunch of things from recipes I find on the internet, and let you know if they are Olivia's Catastrophe approved or not ;)

First up, Moist Banana Bread! The original recipe is here!


I've followed this recipe multiple times, so believe me when I say that the result is not as moist as the recipe will let you believe it is going to be. However, it is still moist enough to be very good and appreciated by the people who try it (again, has been tested by my mums work mates and my classmates.)

I've followed the original recipe, and it worked out pretty good. Occasionally, I added a half glass of milk when I thought the mixture looked a bit dry and I knew I wanted it to turn out a bit more moist after being in the oven. So that is something else you can add to the bowl if you want to lean a bit more on the moist side. 


Also, as I have been trying to eat healthier, when I made this recipe a couple of times, I halved the amount of sugar that went into it. It actually tasted almost the same and was still pretty good. So that's another adaption you can include if you want to!
Following this recipe left me a result which had me pleased and I love it. I also have learned how to make this off by heart since - that's how much I've fallen in love with it. I hope you enjoy making this one too!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Video! A mini book haul.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivia's Question: What's your favourite dessert?

Olivia-Savannah x

21 comments:

  1. Ooh banana bread is one of my favorites!! I also really love banana pudding and I think my favorite thing to bake is probably blondies :D I'm going to have try out that recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I love your taste in desserts! I hope it works out for you x

      Delete
  2. Yummm. You must try it with cream cheese in the middle. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I liked bananas. There is so many things that can be made with them. Great mini-book haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, a shame you don't but we can't all like all the foods!

      Delete
  4. I am a big fan of banana bread - I actually have a recipe on Of Wonderland as well because I was so obsessed with it at one point :D and you're right, there's quite a bit of sugar in it, but you can make it as healthy as you want! You can add fruit and nuts and stuff to it as well. The possibilities are endless. I'm looking forward to reading more recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much my level of obsession at the current moment ^.^ I love to play around with it a little bit and make it a bit more healthy. Thanks Inge! x

      Delete
  5. Who needs entrees when they can have dessert? Me! I could have dessert for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't have a favorite--I like them all! Though, I will go for tiramisu only because I'm searching for the world's best version. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the desserts, all of the time! I would be happy with that too. Oh, you should hop over here and try my Italian classmate's tiramisu. It is the BEST. No lie!

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy banana bread! Glad to have a recipe tested out before trying. :) So thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have been on a big angel food cake kick lately for some reason.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad loves angel cake! Enjoy it whenever you do have it :3 Glad to find another banana bread lover <3

      Delete
  7. I LOVE banana bread! Thanks for the recipe, I'm definitely gonna try this out :) Thanks!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes!! Banana bread is a favourite of mine too. Interesting that you halved the sugar without it being a disaster. My recipe - http://stephjb.blogspot.com.es/2016/06/perfect-banana-cake-recipe.html - uses 150g so I don't make it too often. I'll try cutting down the sweetness and see if my OH notices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out your recipe and it looks really cool! Hehe, I wonder if he will notice :3

      Delete
  9. I love banana bread! I found a recipe for banana-apple butter bread and it tastes like heaven. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, banana-apple sounds soooo delicious to me!

      Delete
  10. I love banana bread too! Add some nuts and it'll be perfect. :)
    I don't make this too often as my kids don't like it and I'm the only person eating it...so good but I have to watch my figure...

    ReplyDelete