Monday, 6 February 2017

Tree Pose [Yogi Dragonness]

Good morning everyone. 


The first photo you'll see in this post is of me 3 (?) years ago. This was when I started doing yoga with my WiiFit. I was never very committed until the summer of 2016, and that's when my yogi journey really started. But I've been doing it for a very long time, truth be told, if I look at that picture.

I am someone who sees yoga as sport, and fitness, and not just stretching. But I know a lot of people see yoga as a time to empty their mind, meditation and serenity when their world can be chaos around them. While yoga is not always about that for me, sometimes I see it. 


So even when I have a lot of deadlines, and a lot of homework I should be doing, I can always find the time to take a few minutes to balance on one leg, lift my arms and take a few deep breaths in and out. Whenever I do the tree pose, I try to empty my thoughts as much as possible and focus on one thing only. 

I don't know where everyone goes when they meditate. But personally, I can never really empty my mind. So instead I pull my thoughts over to the one source of constant peace in my life. God. 
I take the time to think about the ways in which God has blessed me recently. I let Him know what I am thankful for. I take the time to pause and listen to what He has to say. And at the end, I always take a quick moment to say a prayer.


It might not be bible study, but we all have our different ways of doing things, right?

If you want to follow more of my yogi adventures, you can find me on instagram.

Olivia's Question: Do you meditate? Does it work for you?

Olivia-Savannah x

12 comments:

  1. I like the idea of meditating...but I can never shut my brain down! I do give let myself have an hour on the mat a few times a week for vinyasa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard to take the time to let everything go in your mind. But with anything, practice can help you get there ^.^

      Delete
  2. I love doing the same thing! Whenever I'm feeling stressed out, I'll take a minute to do a sun salutation or tree or chaturanga to let go of some of my stress and just take time for myself. I think you're totally right: yoga is so much more than stretching.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps so much, and relaxes us so much! I am glad you have something to help calm you as well <3

      Delete
  3. Nice! I have to admit that I have never done yoga and have never tried to mediatate. I do know when I need some quiet time and have learned to relax when that is what I need. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiet time can be others way of finding that sense of peace when they or you need it :)

      Delete
  4. I am easily distracted as well.But I think it's important to meditate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, taking a pause time is so needed.

      Delete
  5. I love the fact that you started doing yoga with your WiiFit haha :D
    I actually started meditating after doing yoga, I just realized how much better it made me feel! <3 It helps me relax and it definitely improves my mood :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wiifit was the start of it all! It's always great to have time to relax and recenter after yoga ;)

      Delete