Monday, 27 March 2017

Little Black Cats [Nails Extravaganza]

Good morning!

Nails Extravaganza is a meme here on Olivia's Catastrophe where I share a bit about the nail art designs I have recently been working on. Without further ado, let's get on to the nails!



In my last post I mentioned the down period I had with painting my nails and doing nail art. I am still kind of recovering from that. Some days I want to do my nail designs, and some days I just want colour. Mostly, I've gotten into the habit of only painting my left hand, which is the easiest for me to do. I'm hoping to break out of that because well, if I never do my right hand, then it looks a little odd and I never get to practice it. I think in future nail art extravaganza posts, I'll be specifically including a picture of my right hand, and I'll let you be the judge of seeing how they compare. 



Anyway, this particular design was the second design I did after emerging from nail art slump. It is mostly just coloured lines, but the accent nail has the design of a cat on it. I have a friend who is crazy about her cat (well, three friends who all love their cats). Because of them, I've been receiving a lot of cat based snaps. So yes, cats were on my mind when I decided I was going to go for this design. 

I also managed to surprise myself, because I thought my skills would be a little bit rustier than this. But they managed to work out just fine, and I was really satisfied with the result in the end. It didn't even take me that long, so no need to be very patient as the design only involves two colours, and they don't really layer on top of each other. 



When layers come into play, that's when I need to really be blessed with patience. But this one wasn't so bad. 


Overall, one happy Olivia after painting her nails :D

Olivia's Question: Are you a dog lover or a cat lover? Or something else entirely?

Olivia-Savannah x

22 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful!! You did such a good job!
    The little black cat reminds me of the one from Kiki's Delivery Service! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I have never seen that before? But I did look it up and they look quite similar!

      Delete
  2. OMG Adorable! And so neatly done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I try to do nail art but I just don't have the patience anymore :) I used to do it all the time but lately there's just so much to do where I have to use my hands so I can't just not use my hands for 4 hours. I have the same problem though, with my right hand turning out so much worse than my left. I'm working on it though! Best of luck, Olivia!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it less than I used to as well, because of time. And well, with basketball they never last long because you're always using your hands! But maybe you can have some time to practice every now and again ;)

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing! I don't think that I could possibly learn to do this. If I was able to get one hand done, there is no way I could get the other one to match. You have a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other hand does not always match for me either, ahaha. But it's so calming to me for some reason ^.^

      Delete
  5. I would love to have a dragon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am there with you on that one :D

      Delete
  6. These are so cute, especially the little cat :) I don't think I can do nail art because I just don't have the patience, but seeing nice nail art like yours makes me want to give it a try!

    Although I think some cats are cute, I'm a dog lover..I think dogs are cuter!

    abi | http://fruitofdelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go once! Maybe just one or two fingers, or something ;) And I am more of a dog person as well, hehe :3

      Delete
  7. Cute, and man, you have the patience of a saint. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! And impressive. I can barely even paint my nails a solid color lol. And aww, I love the little cat! I love both cats and dogs but am more of a cat person myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute!!!!!

    (Cats for the win! XD )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your nails! You did a fantastic job with the cat.

    I am a bird person but no pets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some people believe it isn't right to keep pets, and I think that's especially the case for birds. They deserve to be freeeeeee :D

      Delete
  11. Love them!!

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete