Sunday, 9 April 2017

March Wrap Up 2017

Happy Sunday!

My apologies for it being a week since I last posted. I've just been so busy lately, blogging has hit the backburner a little bit. But today I have my March wrap up for you!



A lot happened in March. It saw the end of the holidays at the beginning, where I was studying like crazy for mocks. BUT the best news came for me on the 1st of May. There was one in the five universities that I really wanted to go to. They only accept 25 people a year, and I really wasn't sure they would accept me. But I got my conditional offer! I was over the moon. But it also means I will have to work super hard during my real exams in hopes of getting the required point count (which is super high >.>) to be able to meet their conditions and go. 

I had my mock exams and they went pretty well? I could do better though. They gave me a solid indication of which subjects need more work. 


I worked out a little less because I'd been busy. But clean eating is going really well. It's gradually changing my diet,,, I feel less snack compulsion and am less likely to take a second helping. I'm also checking labels now, for sugar count. I never thought that would be :P
I took some time to relax and watch my series a bit. Finally watched the Sherlock New Year Special. 

My basketball team went to SWITZERLAND! We didn't get to see much of the country, because we were playing a tournament though. We were 4th place, losing out on third position by 1 point. But it was a lot of fun. We also had a team night where we all went out to dinner. The pasta was great, and came in huge helpings. The team shared a nutella pizza. I didn't eat it because I don't like pizza or nutella but I was so surprised. Nutella pizza IS  a thing?! D:



I applied for a summer teaching job in China but didn't get it :( I'm going to keep looking and keep my fingers crossed. 

Oh, and I finally saw Beauty and the Beast with my friends. Loved it. Better than the original animation, in my opinion. 


If you want to see more of my daily shenanigans and life updates, make sure to add me on snapchat!



Most likely because I was studying so much, and then traveling, I barely read anything. I also had my first reading slump ever. Not fun.


I read Article Three by Anna Jakobsson Lund, but I won't tell you too much because I'll have a review coming out soon (hopefully.)

I also read The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis. I was looking forward to getting back to the Narnia world. It was a quick and easy read, and I enjoyed it. 

After that, I got into my slump. I was surprised that the novel which helped me escape the slump was a Dutch book. It's called Vals Spel by Mirjam Mous, which translates as False Play. I usually don't read books in Dutch because it's my second language and I read so much slower than I am used to. But I really enjoyed this murder mystery, and it sucked me in. So I didn't mind.



So my TBR for this month just includes books I started while in my slump. Hopefully, I can finish them. 

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen 
New Moon by Stephanie Meyer (reread)
The Silent Songbird by Melanie Dickerson 
Boy 7 by Mirjam Mous (Dutch)



Olivia's Question: How was your March? Did you do anything exciting? What was your favourite read?

Olivia-Savannah x

32 comments:

  1. Congrats on the University! And yes, Nutella pizza is a thing... a GLORIOUS thing. The best of both worlds: italian food and chocolate haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so surprised D: But they seemed to love it!

      Delete
  2. Beauty and the Beast was so good! Really beautiful and the songs were so great as well. <3 I have the same edition that you have of Sense and Sensibility but for Pride and Prejudice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the movie so much. I am glad you could too! The editions are beautiful ^.^

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the university acceptance! Good luck with your exams. I have never heard of Nutella pizza, but I think I need some now. I love Nutella and pizza.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If you ever get the chance to have some, go for it!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time in March :) Congratulations on your uni offer! I NEED to try Nutella pizza now that I know it exists!

    abi | http://fruitofdelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a really good month! Congrats on your confirmation letter! I'm sure you'll get the point count!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting into university!! Good luck on getting all the points you need! That's so cool that you got to take a trip to Switzerland for your basketball tournament! This is one of the many times that I wish I lived in Europe :) I also saw Beauty and the Beast this month and I loved it as well! They did such a good job blending in the motion capture animation with the live acting and the soundtrack is spot on! I hope you have a lovely April, Olivia!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D Yes, being in Europe does make it easier to travel (I've learned this through knowing friends from America!) Beauty and the Beast was such a good movie <3 I hope you have a brilliant April too :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on getting accepted into the university that you were wanting! That is fantastic! I didn't know that Nutella pizza was a thing...I am not sure that it should be. Have a great April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it is quite a strange phenomenon for someone to have thought of, right?

      Delete
  8. Seems like a very busy time for you. Congrats!! I hope your dreams come true and you get a confirmation from the university. And fingers crossed for visiting China as well. Btw I have enjoyed Sense and Sensibility and I hope you will enjoy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been applying to a lot of jobs and I even have my toes crossed at this point. Waiting can be so excruciating :)

      Delete
  9. Only accept 25 people a year? WOW! You must have been working very hard!! I still haven't watch Beauty and The Beast :( Maybe this Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, but there is still work to do! I hope you get to see it! I think you'd love it ;)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your conditional acceptance. I hope your exams go very well. I can imagine you are busy preparing.

    March sounds like it was busy. I had no idea Nutella pizza was a thing! Sorry you didn't get to explore Switzerland while you were there.

    Awesome that your clean eating is going so well. Yeah! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my best with the preparation ^^ It was a shame, but I have been to Switzerland before so it was okay :D

      Delete
  11. With all my heart, I hope you get accepted to the school of your (first) choice! But, why wouldn't you. YOU'RE AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you for having so much faith in me, Lonna!

      Delete
  12. Good job. I see you've done/accomplished a lot.
    May you have a meaningful Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your Uni offer! Fingers crossed you get the points :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the offer from the university! And that's great that your clean eating is going well :-) *And* your team went to Switzerland?! It sounds like you've had a really exciting month! I also did not know that nutella pizza was a thing though. I'll eat nutella, like in a crepe or something, but I don't seem to be quite as obsessed with it as the rest of the world lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good month, if not a little tiring because so much was happening... hehe :) I know right? Some people go absolutely crazy for nutella :P

      Delete
  15. Congratulations, Olivia! You deserve everything because you work so hard for it. I'm sure you'll ace your exams but good luck, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy, you're too kind! I hope I will ;)

      Delete
  16. Congrats and good luck with the rest of your exams!!! I know YOU'LL ROCK THEM. :D

    - Aila @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete